The new PCRecruiter is currently in the hands of an initial group of customers for evaluation that is expected to span several weeks. We are planning for two rounds of beta testing, followed by a phased rollout to our online and self-hosted customers. All users will maintain the option for 12 to 18 months to use either the new version 9 or the final maintenance updates of the PCRecruiter 8.xx generation.
If you would like to be considered for the second round of beta testing, email Professional Services Manager Liz Annable at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once PCRecruiter 9 is released for general use, what can you look forward to?
Completely Revised User Interface
- PCRecruiter 9 presents a completely overhauled user interface that’s is cleaner and easier to use than ever before.
- We’ve re-built it using HTML 5 and standard web frameworks to streamline, simplify, and modernize your user experience.
- Our menus have been re-structured to separate ‘navigation items’ from ‘action items.’ Finding your way around in PCR 9 is a snap, both for new users and seasoned pros.
- The updated MyPCR home screen has a fresh new look with visualizations for your key metrics.
- A new log-in screen makes it easier than ever to keep up on the latest info on PCRecruiter.
- If you’ve got photos stored in your name records, you’ll now see them in your ‘recently viewed’ record list.
- Overlays and progress bars keep your experience confined to a single browser window, with fewer pop-ups and new windows to manage.
- Maximize and minimize panels with a single click to see more of your data than ever before.
Even More Configurable
- PCRecruiter has always been the most user-configurable staffing and recruiting system available, and PCR 9 makes configuration faster and more flexible with a new drag-and-drop system.
- Configure your name, organization and job layouts with field groups and custom labels.
- Drag-and-drop configuration utilities also extend to your search options and search results.
- PCRecruiter 9 is all about putting what you need front and center and reducing distractions.
Streamlined Document Handling
- The PCRecruiter 9 launcher opens your Word, Excel, and other documents directly in Microsoft Office, Open Office, and other WebDAV-enabled suites. Just click, edit your file in its native software application, and re-save back to the database instantly.
- Resumes can now be viewed and exported in PDF format for easy download or emailing.
- Custom resume headers have been consolidated, using a single image-based header for all of your resume documents, regardless of format.
New HTML Editor
- Our all-new HTML editor for job descriptions, emails, and form letters operates completely within the browser, requiring no local installation, for a seamless editing experience regardless of platform.
- The new editor is more adept at recognizing and appropriately converting proprietary content generated by Microsoft Office, such as Word and Outlook documents.
Simple, Searchable Menus
- Primary and record-level menus are easily adjusted with drag/drop and pin/un-pin utilities, hiding the items you don’t use regularly for easier, faster navigation.
- The deeper menus, such as the Reports and System areas, are now quickly navigable with keyword search boxes. Just start typing the name of the item you’re looking for and your options appear instantly.
Enhanced Emailing Capabilities
- Outbound email screens now instantly notify you when an email address is already in your database.
- Click on the email addresses in your ‘To’, ‘Cc’ and ‘Bcc’ fields to view and edit the contact record quickly.
Enterprise Platform Improvements
New Training Materials
- We know how important it is to grasp new tools quickly. That’s why PCRecruiter 9 includes not only in-screen help options, but also an entirely new learning center with a growing list of how-to documents and videos.
And this is only the beginning. Main Sequence sees PCRecruiter 9 as the launching point for a new era in interface power, integrations and innovation, all designed to make your job easier. Watch for more information soon!