PCRecruiter is integrated with Intuit QuickBooks, making it possible to export information about your permanent placements and contractor hours timesheets from your recruiting database into your invoicing system. This brief overview video shows you how it works. If you’re a QuickBooks user (Windows desktop or online edition) and would like to get PCRecruiter connected, contact your Main Sequence representative.
Whenever a new operating system update comes out, it’s common for our users to ask if they can use PCRecruiter with it. Windows 10, which Microsoft began officially releasing on July 29, 2015 is no different. Our testing has determined that those who wish to update to Windows 10 should not experience any major issues with PCRecruiter or the PCR Portal for Microsoft Outlook.
One thing you should be aware of is that Windows 10 comes with a new default web browser called Microsoft Edge which is intended to replace Internet Explorer. While we haven’t found any major issues with using PCRecruiter on the Windows 10 operating system at this time, we do not officially support the new Microsoft Edge browser yet and you may experience issues in it until we have completed testing and updates.
- If you use PCRecruiter 8 and are planning to move up to Windows 10, you will want to continue to run PCRecruiter in Internet Explorer 11, which should still be available by searching your machine or looking in your Start Menu. If IE 11 is not installed on your Windows 10 machine, you can download IE 11 from the Microsoft Store).
- If you are using PCRecruiter 9, Google Chrome remains the recommended web browser on PC or Mac, but PCR 9 will also work on IE11 and Safari browsers.
- After updating to Windows 10, you may need to re-install the PCRecruiter Launcher on your PC.
As always, updating to any freshly-released operating system remains something of a ‘buyer beware’ decision. If you don’t have a pressing need to get Windows 10 installed, you may want to wait for our QA department’s official go-ahead, which will appear here and on your PCRecruiter login screen.
PCRecruiter v9.6.4 is scheduled for release on Tuesday, June 23. Along with the usual fixes and improvements, Main Sequence is also pleased to announce new integrations with Spark Hire for video interviewing, IBM Kenexa Prove It! for candidate assessment testing, and Broadlook Capture! for collecting and researching contact information from all kinds of sources. Watch this five-minute video for the details:
In addition to these new features, beginning on Tuesday, June 23, PCRecruiter 9 users should be prompted by the system to update their PCR Launcher, a small Java plugin installed on your computer that PCR 9 uses for more advanced interactions with your computer. Please be sure to click “Allow” when you see the prompt for the Launcher update.
Recruiters lose an estimated $1,000,000,000 (one billion!) in fees every year when clients hire their candidates and don’t tell them.
Fee Catcher is a reporting service that continuously and automatically monitors your submittals, and tracks the movement of your candidates, notifying you when one is hired so that you never miss a hard-earned fee. They have already helped clients around the world identify thousands of missed placements worth over $18,000,000 in fees.
Main Sequence will be hosting an informational public webinar on June 9 at 1:30 PM Eastern / 10:30 AM Pacific with Jon Guidi, Founder & CRO of Fee Catcher.
We’ve just released a new update for PCRecruiter 9 which includes a few enhancements. Check out this 3-minute video for an overview of the major changes.
- ‘Quick add’ icons at the upper right corner of the screen when working with name records to give you faster access to adding attachments, interviews, resumes, notes, and activities to the name you’re currently viewing. The number or checkmark with each “plus” icon indicates whether there are already attachments, notes, etc. for that record.
- Customization options for the “I want to…” action column in name search results and rollups.
- User-configurable colors and icons for the Stage settings in Rollups and Pipelines.
- Automations and activities for Stages configured in the Name Rollup now also apply when Stage is used on the Pipeline screen.
- Horizontal scrollbar appears at all times when a Rollup is too wide for the browser window.
- ‘Recently Viewed’ Rollup list now shows only the applicable lists for the record type you’re working with.
- Various fixes and performance improvements.
More updates and new features are being worked on. Follow us on our social networks or watch your PCR 9 login screen to stay informed.