Many companies today use recruitment software, while many job seekers use social media, so doesn’t it make sense to supplement one with the other?
Every employer wants to find the perfect candidate on the first try, but because there are so many talented job seekers out there, it’s tough to rely on just one source and expect to reach that end result. Therefore, companies that are already using recruitment software to target potential candidates can do the same through social networking sites.
Here are six tips on using social media for recruiting, as compiled by Mashable:
1. Create an online presence that reflects who you are – Just as you would create a career center and application portal that’s easily recognizable by job seekers, you want to create a social media profile that will clearly show who you are make people want to contact you.
2. Make the most of your time – Unlike recruiting software, which does much of the work on its own, you’re going to need to invest a little more time in social media. For the most part, others will base your social media success on how well you interact with and respond to your network, all of which takes time.
3. Individualize your approach – This is where the social aspect of social media comes in. You’ll have better luck finding potential candidates you didn’t even know existed if you go outside your comfort zone and contact people you don’t know. By connecting with others who have an interest or experience in your industry, you might find some great leads.
4. Be authentic – As with all business dealings, you have to be honest in your approach to social networking, just as you want your candidates to be honest with you. Instead of worrying about all the little details, worry about being you and showing job seekers who you are, and in doing so you’ll find candidates that will mesh well with your organization.
5. Share interesting stuff – Sharing news, articles and other information that you find interesting will help speak to your authenticity. Really interesting things may even start an in-depth conversation on your profile, which could help you uncover some great-thinking potential candidates.
6. Focus on substance – Just as a good recruiting software will work to find the important details in a job seeker’s resume, use social media to delve deeper into a candidate’s potential. Instead of solely focusing on their resume and obvious information, look at how they’re connected in and contributing to the social world, and take into account how that might help your company.
Tags: Recruitment software
Trackback from your site.