Responsible for leading the organization’s efforts for executing Design/Build (DB) projects with participation from the birth of the qualified opportunity through the tender phase, project execution, commissioning, and ending with the expiration of warranty. Must plan, communicate, coordinate resources, and promote internal and external interfacing from project discovery until closeout. The Project Manager will also define the project’s objectives and oversee quality control throughout its life cycle. Projects include municipal/industrial water and wastewater projects ranging in scope from equipment supply to complex DB efforts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Direct and manage project development from beginning to end.
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
- Develop full-scale project plans and associated communications documents.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
- Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
- Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
- Track project milestones and deliverables.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation,
- and presentations.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
- Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project
- Conduct project post mortems and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management.
- Determine the final testing and validation requirements of the systems installed in the field.
- Assists in providing technical and functional guidance to other employees
- Assists in addressing health and safety concerns
- Interacts regularly with contractors, suppliers, and vendors
- Comply with all safety and housekeeping regulations.
GENERAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in mechanical, electrical, project, or controls engineering
- 3-5 years direct work experience in a project management capacity, including all
- aspects of process development and execution
- Professional Engineer Certification (PE) desired but not required
- Must be proficient in the following programs: MS Office, MS Project, AutoCAD, and Accounting Software
- 7 - 10 years of related work experience