Application Instructions: Instead of using the online application, please email your resume directly to Derek Collins at email@example.com.
Duties / Responsibilities
We represent one of the most stable and fastest growing Fortune 200 manufacturing companies in the U.S. In this lean manufacturing environment, hard work is rewarded with above average compensation and benefits. Our client believes that teamwork and safety are critical to their work environment. This company is looking for people who desire to build a long-term career. The company has never had a layoff in their 40-plus year history and advancement opportunities are abundant for solid performers. Our client is environmentally friendly and is the nation's largest recycler of scrap steel.
We are searching for a District Sales Manager to join our client's growing team.
Basic responsibilities of the District Sales Manager include:
- Providing industry leading service
- Developing a rapport with customers
- Prospecting for new business
- Operating as a liaison between customers and company operations
- Proactive problem solving to help the team achieve revenue, shipment and profitability goals
- Increasing sales within your territory and supporting long-term business growth
- Developing new and innovative ways to attract business to differentiate the company from the competition and maintain its position as a leader in the industry
- Exploring new markets and contributing to the business plan by interpreting sales statistics
- Providing technical support for customers and the rest of the sales team
- Assisting the sales team in developing sales strategies
Mandatory Minimum Qualifications
Candidates must be able to:
- Experience in sales-related field including experience with customer service, resolving customer concerns and overall customer satisfaction
- Must live within Eastern US territory
- Willingness to travel throughout the Eastern U.S.
- Target customers through a combination or prospecting, market research and team selling
- Interpret sales trends based on information gathered from the quoting history, sales history and customer profiled information
- Work with leadership groups to develop plans for new markets and product lines
- Manage aged inventory levels and develop ways to prevent aged inventory
- Generate sales, market segmentation and analysis and market share reports
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
Keywords: sales representative, sales, sales manager, sbq, special bar quality, cold finish, bar, steel