Application Instructions: Instead of using the online application, please email your resume directly to Derek Collins at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Duties & Responsibilities
We represent one of the most stable and fastest growing Fortune 200 manufacturing companies in the U.S. In this lean manufacturing environment, hard work is rewarded with above average compensation and benefits. Our client believes that teamwork and safety are critical to their work environment. This company is looking for people who desire to build a long-term career. The company has never had a layoff in their 40-plus year history and advancement opportunities are abundant for solid performers. Our client is environmentally friendly and is the nation's largest recycler of scrap steel.
We are searching for a District Sales Manager to join our client’s growing team.
- Lead the sales and marketing efforts for the Company in a given district to accomplish the overall goals and directives established by the Sales Manager and Management team, while taking care of our customers by creating focus on safety, quality, cost, service and productivity
- Requires a valid driver's license and a good driving record
- Metal building industry experience
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 4 year degree
- Previous outside sales experience in the metal building industry
- Live in the district or be willing to relocate into the district
- Proven commitment for the safety of self and others
- Aggressive, cost driven and well organized - self-directed and self-motivated - ability to work efficiently, accurately, and perform a variety of tasks and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
- Willingness and demonstrated ability to use prospecting skills to generate new business
- Outstanding negotiating skills
- Ability to balance the needs of customers and the Company's plant operations while considering the overall Company's growth objectives
- Train and develop new builders as well as existing ones
- Willingness to travel extensively and cost-effectively, including frequent overnight travel
- Ability to deal with conflict professionally