Spring 2018 Internship
Office Locations: Carmel, IN; Seymour, IN; Columbus, IN; Bloomington, IN
Practice Groups: Tax, Audit, Healthcare, Reimbursement and Business Valuation.
Please indicate your location and Practice Group preference(s) on your resume.
At Blue & Co., LLC, we believe that “Building Genuine Success” starts with our people. We understand that a successful internship is a vital step for a promising career in public accounting. As an Intern, you will apply concepts learned in the classroom to real world scenarios.
Blue interns can expect to contribute quickly to the success of our team. As an intern, you will have a meaningful, worthwhile experience as you participate on our client-service teams, working on the same tasks as a new Staff Accountant. You will be mentored and receive timely feedback. Our interns learn from the collaborative relationships with co-workers, Blue's leadership teams, and client business owners.
Depending on your Practice Group, your initial responsibilities may include:
• Assistance on audits and reviews.
• Understanding the impact of business transactions on the financial statements and cultivating the “business advisor” perspective.
• Preparation of basic financial statements and schedules for clients.
• Standard and complex tax return preparation (1040, S-Corp, C-Corp, Partnerships, 941, 1099).
• Tax research projects.
• Assistance on Medicaid/Medicare cost reports analysis for health care facilities.
• Analysis related to mergers, acquisitions, litigation, ESOPs, and estate and succession planning.
• Strong academic performance (Minimum GPA 3.2).
• Accounting, Finance or related business major on track to meet the 150 credit hour requirement for CPA exam.
• Intermediate Excel skills.
• Demonstrated leadership and problem solving skills; history of extra-curricular or volunteer activities, preferably in a leadership role.
• Success in working independently and as part of a team.
• Available to work evening/weekends and travel as necessary during peak seasons (travel paid for by firm).
• Exhibit strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills. Willingness to ask questions to gain strong comprehension of complex subjects.
• An intrinsic desire to contribute to a collaborative effort and share in its success.
• Authorized to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis.
At the end of your internship, you will have a clear picture of what a rewarding career in public accounting firm can be like. We have a vested interest in your success. It drives our success as our interns and new graduates are a key part of our strategic staffing plan. Your success is our success!
Want to know what our employees think? View our videos at http://www.blueandco.com/careers.html and http://www.blueandco.com/lifeblue.html.
We are responsive. We are caring. We are advocates.
Blue & Co., LLC, is proudly ranked as the 56th largest CPA firm in the U.S. From a startup in 1970 to thirteen offices throughout Indiana, Kentucky, Ohio, and Texas, our success is driven by a culture of responsive solutions for our clients and a real commitment to our employees.
We will not sponsor an employment related visa for this position. A background check will be required for employment in this position. Blue is an EOE/AA employer. M/F/D/V. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.