Immediate 1 year position available in Goldsboro, NC.Job Description:
Duties & Responsibilities Under the professional direction, the primary tasks of this position are to:
- The purpose of this position is to provide experienced technical expertise to accurately analyze options and prepare distribution facility designs for residential, commercial, and industrial projects.
- Design the most complex electric distribution facilities and circuit construction projects across a wide geographic area including downtown underground projects, extra facility projects, high profile projects, highway relocation projects, and other projects requiring the highest reliability.
- Prepares site drawings, construction drawings, calculations, easements, and any other required documentation for complex installations of electrical distribution facilities.
- Prepares project and job packages including material estimates and material requisitions of the materials required for complex distribution system electrical designs both single phase and three phase.
- Properly apply company/client reliability principals to accurately evaluate voltage, loading, and reliability on electric distribution circuits including complex outage analysis and follow-up.
- Evaluate loading of various equipment components and circuitry or fusing to allow for system expansion ensuring a cost-effective, safe, and reliable design.
- Maintain accurate records and files and update the appropriate company/client systems including updating technical client databases.
- Develops relationships with key internal and external customers, builders, developers, electricians, other utilities, and city officials as needed in the execution of client job responsibilities.
- Supports both company and client's business goals and expectation while representing themselves both positively and professionally.
- Ability to serve as one of the departmental leads to assist with training and providing technical support for other engineering classifications.
- Ability to provide advanced expertise to recognize and resolve complex problems, assist in interpreting codes, standards, regulations, requirements, and guidelines.
- Residential subdivisions (<10 lots).
- Apartments and multi-family single services.
- Single and 3 phase commercial < 600 Amp.
- Area lighting and street lighting jobs and upgrades < 10 fixtures.
- Single customer conversions OH/UG.
- Resolution of individual customer complaints.
- House moves.
- Minimum of 2-4 years’ experience in a utility distribution engineering environment or a related utility field.
- Minimum of a two year degree in a technical discipline, such as electronics, construction, electrical, mechanical or civil engineering technology OR a minimum of 3 years of equivalent work experience in a related field with no degree.
- Proven competency in all aspects of the Distribution Specialist roles.
- Ability to deal with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds.
- Self-directed self-motivated, savvy, reliable, trustworthy, as well as technically competent.
- Demonstrated team player.
- Demonstrated negotiating skills.
- Demonstrated time management skills.
- Understanding of basic electricity and power quality.
- Knowledge of Distribution construction standards and methods.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and vehicle suitable for business use (mileage reimbursement applies).
- Proficient user of personal computer, particularly Microsoft Office based applications.
- Work independently.
- Customer Oriented.
- Able to manage multiple tasks and provide leadership to other team members.
- Thorough understanding of Electric Distribution materials, work procedures, and work dependencies.
- Knowledge and proficiency in the use of higher level analysis programs and tools.
- Experience in leading groups or teams.
- 2 to 4 year technical degree.
If you already have a resume on file with The E Group and would like to be considered for this position, simply email your note of interest to The E Group at Sonya@goegroup.com.
Why Choose The E Group? We are an award winning firm recognized for having an outstanding reputation with our clients and employees. All contractors are eligible for full group health and dental benefits, 401K with matching, and various insurances. Generous living expenses are given to help those who relocate or have duplicate housing.
For immediate consideration simply attach your resume to this posting or email your resume to Sonya@goegroup.com. All applicants will receive feedback once position closes.