Application Instructions: Instead of using the online application, please email your resume directly to Derek Collins at email@example.com.
Duties & Responsibilities
We represent a U.S. leader in the manufacturing of custom-engineered, high-quality metal building systems. In this lean manufacturing environment, hard work is rewarded with above average compensation and benefits. Our client believes that teamwork and safety are critical to their work environment. This company is looking for people who desire to build a long-term career. The company has never had a layoff in their 40-plus year history and advancement opportunities are abundant for solid performers.
We are searching for a Estimator to join our client's growing team. The Estimator will assist the sales team and company builders by accurately and efficiently estimating building system prices based on our quote proposal documents, company policies and standards.
- Provide coordination on daily quote activities by reviewing and recommending economical solutions to various sales requests.
- Manage the schedule demands as set forth by the customers, sales team, and other members of the estimating department to ensure all deadlines are met.
- Supply accurate, concise, and well qualified proposals while utilizing an effective application of the custom developed estimating software.
- Assisting in the checking of other team members' work to ensure accuracy of all estimates.
- Fielding phone calls from District Sales Managers and Builders regarding project scope, qualifications, and estimates
- Generating accurate take-offs for building materials that are not manufactured by the company
- Associate or Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering Technology/Construction Management OR minimum 3 years of experience in steel construction and/or non-residential construction related field
- Prior experience with Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel, and CAD program
- Work experience must include Reading and interpreting architectural and structural drawings and generating accurate material take-offs utilizing architectural and structural drawings.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US
- Experience in the field of pre-engineered metal building systems or self-storage
- Knowledge of estimating software