Blue & Co., LLC is currently searching for a talented Senior Accountant to join our Healthcare Audit team in Louisville, Kentucky. We have a wide range of healthcare clients that include hospitals, community mental health centers, long-term care facilities, federally qualified health centers (fqhc), physician practices, dental practices, and more. We are industry experts and develop our future leaders from within. The time is right for you to join Blue!
2017 Best Places to Work in Indiana, Ohio, and Kentucky…thanks to our employees’ feedback!
As a Senior Accountant, you will play a key role during engagements as you establish a more personal and direct working relationships with clients, peers, and leaders within the firm. We will support you as you continue to develop your supervisory and management skills. You will receive ongoing training and mentoring that is critical to your success in consulting and public accounting. We offer you a variety of challenging engagements to keep you progressing towards your career goals.
This is a salaried (exempt) position with excellent benefits including three-weeks paid vacation annually, paid holidays, 401(k) with a company match, health, dental and vision insurance. We also offer a bonus program as an extra incentive! We have a business casual environment and enjoy office perks like chair massages during busy season, jeans on Fridays, Oaks Day corn hole tourney (we are competitive!), and offsite events like an evening enjoying a Louisville Bats Triple-A game!
• Planning, scheduling, and orchestrating all aspects of assurance engagements.
• Performing and completing fieldwork to include the preparation of complex work papers along with monitoring the work paper preparation of Staff Accountants.
• Preparing financial statements and performing risk assessments.
• Writing management letters.
• Relationship building with clients and community contacts in an effort to contribute to the overall marketing efforts of the firm.
• Training and mentoring Staff Accountants.
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting with 2-5 years’ experience in auditing in a public accounting firm.
• CPA or eligible and actively pursuing certification.
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, attention to detail, and strong organizational skills.
• Experience in Microsoft Office products / applications.
• Experience working within a paperless accounting environment.
• Must be comfortable working in a team environment with changing priorities and deadlines.
• Ability to travel locally and regionally, including overnight travel.
Want to know what our employees think? View our videos at http://www.blueandco.com/careers.html and http://www.blueandco.com/lifeblue.html.
Our Values: We are responsive. We are caring. We are advocates.
Blue & Co., LLC, ranked as the 56th largest CPA firm in the U.S. by INSIDE PUBLIC ACCOUNTING, has seen unprecedented growth since its inception in 1970. With 13 offices in 4 states (IN, KY, OH, and TX) and nearly 450 professionals, Blue is proud to serve clients in the Healthcare, Construction, Manufacturing, Distribution, Agribusiness, Financial Services, and Not-for-Profit industries.
We will not sponsor an employment related visa for this position. A background check will be required for employment in this position. Blue is an EOE/AA employer. M/F/D/V. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
No phone calls please. Agency candidates will not be considered for this position.