Blue & Co., LLC is proud to be named “Best Places to Work” again in Indiana, Kentucky, and Ohio!
Blue & Co., LLC is currently seeking a Payroll Manager to join our team that provides outsourced payroll and accounting services. You will be responsible for overseeing a payroll processing team that services 120+ diverse small business clients.
This position can be based out of our Columbus, Indianapolis or Carmel, Indiana office. This is a salaried (exempt) position with excellent benefits including four weeks of vacation annually, paid holidays, 401(k) with a company match, health, dental, and vision insurance. We also offer a bonus program as an extra incentive!
• Manage client relationships, expectations, and communications, both in person and through email or letters
• Supervise staff of 2-3 employees, including remote employees; assist them in the development of their payroll and client service skills
• Meet deadlines; troubleshoot and solve problems; this may include daily processing as necessary to meet our deadlines
• Manage changing priorities and communicate effectively with team, internal management, and clients
• Look for ways to continuously improve internal processes and best practices
• Collaborate with the software vendor to implement software upgrades; train internal staff on the new processes and software improvements
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business
• Minimum of 5 years of payroll experience; knowledgeable in all areas of payroll including:
o System set up
o Federal and state payroll taxes
o Multi-state payroll taxes
o Quarterly and annual payroll filings
o New hire reporting
o 401(k) deductions
o Cafeteria plan deductions
o New client set ups
o Taxation of various employee benefits
• Minimum of 3 years of management experience, which includes managing client expectations, projects, multiple reporting managers, and staff
• CPP (Certified Payroll Professional) designation a plus, or be willing to pursue certification
• Knowledge and experience working with bank NACHA files
• Experience in a professional services/public accounting environment a plus
Our Values: We are responsive. We are caring. We are advocates.
Blue & Co., LLC, ranked as the 56th largest CPA firm in the U.S. by INSIDE PUBLIC ACCOUNTING, has seen unprecedented growth since its inception in 1970. With 13 offices in 4 states (IN, KY, OH, and TX) and nearly 450 professionals, Blue is proud to serve clients in the Healthcare, Construction, Manufacturing, Distribution, Agribusiness, Financial Services, and Not-for-Profit industries.
We will not sponsor an employment related visa for this position. A background check will be required for employment in this position. Blue is an EOE/AA employer. M/F/D/V. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.