Immediate 1 year position available in Plainfield, IN.Job Description:
Responsibilities and Duties:
- This position reports to the Transmission Work Management Manager and supports the Transmission field personnel who perform construction and maintenance activities for substation and transmission line assets.
- This Planner position will work directly with the Transmission Line Contractor Oversight Specialists and Transmission Line Contract Companies.
- The Planner is responsible for the preparation of work packages to perform both Construction and Maintenance activities.
- The Planner will review the maintenance/performance history of the equipment to identify and determine special requirements necessary to successfully complete the work.
- The Planner will identify any additional maintenance work or capital projects that could be worked concurrently to gain resource efficiencies.
- The Planner will document and explain variances in the actual job task work hours versus estimated job task work hours.
- The Planner must closely monitor the progress and status of work, and is responsible for raising issues to Schedulers and Contractor Oversight to identify areas for improvement and opportunities to improve efficiencies.
- The Planner may also be required to ensure accurate completion of NERC related documentation.
- The Planner also works closely with the construction resources and resources within Transmission Project Management to plan, estimate, and allocate resources to all projects assigned to the Transmission Construction Section.
- This requires first-hand knowledge of Construction activities or the ability to draw on resources within the Construction Section to gain that knowledge.
- The position must possess good organization and collaboration skills for working in team environments to produce excellent project plans and estimates.
- This position supports the development and implementation of construction and maintenance work plans to support annual programs ranging from $150M - $300M annually (capital and O&M, approximate).
- In addition, this position continually manages changes in these plans to align with changing funding requirements, and to align plans to execute the highest priority work.
- The Planner has a responsibility to ensure the annual Construction & Maintenance work plan is completed.
- The Planner will develop work packages to include:
- Scope of work required.
- Skill sets required to perform work.
- Provide procedures required to perform work.
- Identify special tools required to perform work.
- Plan for any mobile equipment needs.
- Plan for any special part needs.
- Ensure necessary DOT or Environmental permits are available.
- Project job durations for scheduling purposes.
- Provide any sketches, digital pictures or drawings needed.
- Provide any vendor support information.
- Provide any Safety or Environmental information.
- Inform any special PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) needs.
- Secure and ensure materials are available for appropriate delivery to meet CMI date.
- The Transmission Work Management Planner identifies critical work activities and keeps all transmission work groups informed of work nearing overdue status in order to avoid negative consequences.
- The Transmission Work Management Planner communicates and schedules with various work groups (i.e. Construction, Project Management, Energy Services, T&D Key Account Reps, Nuclear & Fossil Plants, etc.) to identify and coordinate high priority work.
- Planners participate in project planning meetings with Project Management to develop a project plan for each capital construction project.
- Clarifies project scope, identifies and assigns required construction resources, develops construction work sequence, identifies potential obstacles to completing the project, identifies clearance requirements, and makes initial resource assignments.
- Additionally, the Planner coordinates transmission clearances with Grid Management, ECC & TCC, and DCC when there are load issues with project coordination the Planner assist in resolving and re-sequencing the work considering any customer sensitivities.
- In some regions the Planner also processes and stores completed work package documentation. Obtains feedback from schedulers, crew members and supervisor(s) and takes necessary action to remedy any work package quality issues to ensure future accuracy.
- Assist with emergent work planning, clearance requests and hot line tag requests.
- Travel to work location(s) to develop work/project requirements, attend scoping meetings, pre-bid meetings, and/or pre-construction meetings, perform walk down of job sites, audit the effectiveness of the work packages and to ensure adequate parts, special tools, and special equipment is available.
- Two (2) year Associates Degree and 5 to 7 years prior work related experience OR 7 to 9 years of prior equivalent work related experience in lieu of a degree.
- Working knowledge of work management system, e.g., Passport, e-Max, , Adobe, MS Office (word, excel, access, etc).
- Requires substantial specific knowledge in craft areas such as electrical, relaying, apparatus, sub-station and line construction/maintenance work to effectively develop job plans.
- Must have excellent communication and organizational skills and the ability to function effectively in a diverse support organization.
- This individual must possess knowledge of substation, apparatus, relaying and line maintenance practices in order to identify all needed procedures, resources and clearances to effectively perform each maintenance/construction job.
- Bachelor's Degree and 6-8 years of similar work experience.
If you already have a resume on file with The E Group and would like to be considered for this position, simply email your note of interest to The E Group at Sonya@goegroup.com.
Why Choose The E Group? We are an award winning firm recognized for having an outstanding reputation with our clients and employees. All contractors are eligible for full group health and dental benefits, 401K with matching, and various insurances. Generous living expenses are given to help those who relocate or have duplicate housing.
For immediate consideration simply attach your resume to this posting or email your resume to Sonya@goegroup.com. All applicants will receive feedback once position closes.