Our client is a global world class manufacturer with a large and complex production facility in the Western GTA. We are seeking a qualified candidate to staff a Unit Leader/Production Supervisor role(s). This is a big job. A cultural change in the shop floor environment is a big part of the role. We need a strong personality and supervisory background but consideration will also be given to a leader/coach/mentor profile with charisma and a sense of urgency, drive and "edge" to challenge the status quo and reverse past practices that create waste and stall advancement in a Continuous Improvement environment. There will be great challenges and a wealth of experience to be gained and as such this opportunity stands to be a career changing breakthrough for the right candidate. Success in solving practical problems and making change here will translate into further advancement to Manufacturing Management, Corporate responsibility or international assignments.
Position will be responsible for managing small work teams in a fast paced, high volume unionized manufacturing environment on a rotating shift basis, 2 weeks about. Duties include coordinating all activities to achieve business metrics and to implement Lean Manufacturing processes.
- Bachelors Degree
- Minimum of 2 years manufacturing experience
- Proven analytical and problem solving abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to coach/mentor employee team members.
- Willing to work any shift and additional hours if necessary.
- Legally authorized to work in Canada.
- Knowledge of World Class Manufacturing or Lean Manufacturing.
- Automotive assembly and/or Tier one supplier experience
- Quality system knowledge.