|Job Title||Junior Groundwater Modelling Specialist|
|Location||Calgary, Quebec City, Guelph|
Junior Groundwater Modelling Specialist
Matrix Solutions Inc. is a Canadian, employee-owned environmental and engineering consulting company. Strategically located across Canada, we help our clients, employees, environment and communities thrive. With our ability to collaborate across services, disciplines, and geographies, we deliver responsive, locally connected, and scalable solutions customized to our client’s project and environmental challenges.
Our integrated approach is supported by talented professionals focused on three key areas of service: assessment, remediation, reclamation and monitoring; environmental planning, assessment and approvals; and water resources. Join our team of passionate professionals and work with us to create a lasting impact.
Matrix Solutions is growing! If you would like to be considered for future Groundwater Modelling opportunities, please visit www.matrix-solutions.com/careers/ and submit your resume to this pool posting. Through the pool posting process, we are committed to a continuous recruitment strategy whereby future candidates are consistently identified and selected to fill opportunities in this large team. Please be advised that applications will be reviewed and processed although vacancies may not be immediately available.
We have opportunities for Junior Groundwater Modelling Specialists in our Calgary, AB, Guelph, ON and Quebec City, QC offices to join our growing Water Resources team. As the successful candidate, you will work with industry leading hydrogeologists within a multi-disciplinary team to help you identify, assess, protect and remediate groundwater resources. The successful applicant will have a commitment to conceptual model-driven problem-solving supported by numerical modelling tools. They will be responsible for working with a technical team to develop and apply groundwater flow and transport models to support decision-making.
• Development and application of modelling tools to support decision-making
• Support the development and execution of conceptual model-driven work plans that balance the application of innovative modelling tools or approaches, with the scale and scope of the problem
• Develop models for a wide range of hydrogeology projects including:
o Regional and local hydrogeological assessments
o Regulatory groundwater monitoring programs
o Risk Assessment and Groundwater remediation
o Mining Reserve Estimates and Dewatering
• Collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team focused on being the trusted advisor to our clients
• Manage multiple priorities, scope changes and support multiple project managers
• Analyze results and communicate project findings through technical reports and presentations to a variety of stakeholders
• Liaise with clients and stakeholders.
Desired Education, Experience, Technical Skills:
• An undergraduate or graduate degree in Engineering, Earth Sciences or related discipline
• Eligibility to become a Professional Engineer or Geoscientist
• Course work or experience in geology, hydrogeology, chemistry and numerical methods including uncertainty analysis
• Course work or experience in data analysis using Database/GIS/Visualization tools to support conceptual model development and numerical modelling results analyses
• Experience with MODFLOW, FEFLOW, GS-FLOW, MIKESHE or similar software would be beneficial
• Experience using Python, C++, SQL for data management and analyses is an asset
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and a collaborative attitude
• Ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team environment
• Experience writing technical memos and giving presentations is an asset
• A valid Class G in Ontario or Class 5 in Alberta driver’s license with no restrictions.
Matrix Solutions offers a comprehensive compensation package. We are also committed to flexible work hours and schedules, team-based work, cross-training opportunities, and rewarding our star performers.
For more information about Matrix Solutions, please visit our website at www.matrix-solutions.com
We welcome and promote diversity and inclusion in our workplace and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Matrix provides support in its recruitment processes to applicants with disabilities; including accommodation that takes into account an applicant’s accessibility needs. Candidates requiring accommodation during the recruitment process are asked to contact Human Resources directly.
Matrix is committed to providing a safe and productive work environment and to promoting the health, safety and well-being of our employees. In keeping with our Health & Safety Policy, individuals in safety sensitive positions are subject to pre-employment, pre-access
The successful candidate is required to have a valid driver's licence and would have to provide proof this upon being hired.
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
|Position Field||Water Resources|
|Job Type||Full time - Perm|