A well know and respected water treatment company is seeking a professional Field Service Technician to maintain, inspect, troubleshoot, repair, and install pretreatment equipment. Equipment technologies include but are not limited to: Reverse Osmosis, Water Softeners, De-alkalizers, Filtration, and Deionization. Responsibilities include maintaining records and service reports for all site visits, daily service logs, and maintaining proper stock levels for parts and service equipment.
The technician is expected to be fluent in English and interact with customers, inside agents and outside agencies. This position requires travel to customers in designated service areas. Overnight travel is expected at approximately 25%. A service vehicle and tools will be provided.
Typical job tasks include:
· Perform all work assigned while adhering to high standards associated with safety and workmanship.
· Responsible for the safe and dependable operating condition of all equipment serviced by the company.
· Monthly preventative maintenance.
· On-call service
· Periodic cleaning of equipment.
· Periodic installation of equipment.
· Monthly chemical testing for equipment operation.
· Basic electrical testing including a multi-meter.
· Electrical troubleshooting, including motors, DC voltage/amperage, panels, breakers and wiring.
· Mechanical troubleshooting including the company manufactured equipment, water treatment equipment and other devices.
· Written service reports at time of service.
· Chemical pump maintenance and priming.
· Preparing equipment for shipment to customers.
· Dismantling and reassembly of pumps, valves, strainers, etc. to perform repairs and scheduled maintenance.
· Upload of PLC programs.
· Ensure proper dosing of products from equipment.
· Basic chemical testing.
· Communicate effectively at all levels, including customers.
· Provide rapid response when equipment malfunctions.
· Understands and adheres to established safety programs, both for the company and customers.
· Ability to take direction, learn new skills and new equipment.
· Other tasks as assigned by management.
· Motivated, self-directed to work without close supervision.
· Hard working, dependable, safety and quality conscious.
· Desire to learn new skills.
· Possesses good language skills
· Good organizational skills.
· Basic knowledge of pretreatment equipment
· Basic mechanical aptitude.
· Basic electrical aptitude.
· Basic knowledge of plumbing
· Basic knowledge of chemicals and safe handling practices.
· Reading, writing and basic math skills required.
· Work standing or walking for long periods of time and capable of lifting heavy loads of at least 50 pounds.
· Proper and safe use of hand and power tools.
· Use of basic computer programs including Windows operating system, Word and Excel.
· High school education.
· Clean driving record
|Number of Openings|