Develop water/wastewater treatment and soil remediation business in North America (USA, Canada, Mexico) Introduce and present treatment technologies/products to customers. Find and retain customers. Coordinate and communicate activities with managers of other business areas in the organization.
Develop and execute sales & marketing strategies
- Develop and implement strategies for water technology/product promotion and sales.
- Analyze potential and existing markets in order to identify business opportunities for water/soil treatment products and technologies.
- Carry out market research in order to develop strategies and roadmaps for sales of water/soil treatment products and technologies. Follow, document and report water and soil treatment market trends.
- Prepare presentations, proposals, and various sales tools on effective development of business opportunities for the water/soil treatment products and technologies. Develop campaigns and other activities that will help in increasing awareness of the technology.
- Regularly provide updates on market competition analysis and knowledge to the organization.
Customer acquisition and retention
- Perform extensive customer search in North America and maintain contacts for the promotion of water/soil treatment products and technologies.
- Establish customer relations and update and manage customer database and become internal Customer Representative within HES organization.
- Develop and maintain good customer relationship for the growth of the business.
- Understand and evaluate customer needs and assess the applicability of the treatment technologies.
- Establish good working relationship with local environment regulatory agencies to understand needs and challenges faced by the industry
Additional functions within the organization
- Direct management of key accounts and manage customer account managers.
- Directly interact with other functional units within the organization (operations, technical, engineering, quality) to support customer interaction activities including contract development and negotiations.
- Prepare future planning, budgeting and coordinate sales forecast on a monthly basis utilizing the organization’s forecast systems. The sales and profit margins are monitored by means of Qlikview and/or CRAM to monitor forecasting accuracy.
- Exhibits mutual trust and respect towards colleagues, peers and customers.
- Displays awareness of collective social responsibilities.
- Demonstrates understanding and knowledge of the Corporation Core Values.
o A healthy workforce.
o A safe and clean workplace.
o Continuous training and education opportunities for all employees.
o A “reward for performance” system.
o Systems that are simple and accessible to all employees.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering with graduate studies in business is ideal.
- At least ten years of experience in water/soil treatment product/technology in sales & marketing.
- Excellent interpersonal communication, listening, and presentation skills.
- Must be goal oriented and possess a self-disciplined disposition.
- Must be a team player that can perform well as either a team leader or member.
- Competent in Microsoft Office software, sales & project related software and other IT systems.
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy in performing tasks is required.
- Regularly required to sit and focus on a monitor.
- Occasional standing and walking.
- Ability to drive car and travel is required (between 30% - 70%)
- Required personal protective equipment devices must be capable of being worn.
The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job.