|Job Title||Sr Cisco Network Engineer (2 people - 2-4 yr contr|
|Job Type||Contract Full-Time|
Sr Cisco Network Engineer
Network Engineer develops and maintains the global connectivity technology standards / roadmap supporting data, voice, video, mobile, and unified communications
Education and Experience:
• A Bachelor’s Degree in a related technical discipline is desirable.
• Experience must include designing, implementing and supporting global network environments and associated network-based applications for multinational companies. Specific experience must also include a broad spectrum of technologies, including VoIP, LAN switches, WAN routers, firewalls, VPN remote access
• Demonstrated ability to design and implement Unified Communications technology including VoIP, unified messaging, presence-based call and message routing, video communications
• A strong competency in technology design and an applied knowledge of design interdependencies and element interactions in a large-scale, complex I.T. environment is required.
• Demonstrated ability to be a respected technology advisor to senior I.T. management, as well as to I.T. operations, operating groups, technical staff, and project management, and the skills to interface across several channels to proactively assist in defining solutions, direction, and specifications.
• Knowledge and working experience with SDLC and structured project management methodologies; experience with an I.T. governance process supported by a project and portfolio management system a plus.
• In-depth, up-to-date and broad knowledge of the Information Technology field is a plus, including all major communications and computing technologies and trends, including significant domestic and international exposure.
Essential Skills and Abilities:
• Excellent interpersonal, oral/presentation and written communications skills.
• Conceptual and analytical thinker, able to understand, analyze and synthesize complex technology issues.
• Team builder/player able to work effectively with others in multicultural settings.
• Flexible and adaptable process-oriented work style; strong demonstrated work ethic; personal time management skills.