Immediate 1 year position available in Spartanburg, SC.JOB DESCRIPTION:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The purpose of this position is to provide experienced technical expertise to accurately analyze options and prepare distribution facility designs for residential, commercial, and industrial projects.
- Provides technical expertise to solve more complex problems, and leadership skills to manage work in a specific area of expertise, with minimal supervision.
- Incumbents are expected to develop advanced skills and to have the ability to work independently.
- Provides technical expertise and guidance in the identification, analysis and resolution of problems in area of expertise.
- Ensures accomplishment of business goals and objectives through effective planning, organizing, estimating, scheduling and monitoring of work activities.
- Prepares thorough and accurate technical reports, correspondence, documentation, calculations and sketches.
- Conducts engineering and related studies.
- Strives to continually improve job-related, technical and professional knowledge, skills and performance.
- Develops positive working relationships to effectively coordinate work activities.
- Demonstrates effective oral and written communication skills.
- Maintains accurate records and files.
- Supports the company's goals and represents the company positively and professionally.
- Accurately & effectively manages projects with the DOT from start to completion.
- This position will work with the DOT and other municipalities.
- Valid Driver’s License and vehicle suitable for business use (mileage reimbursement applies).
- Either 2 to 4 years’ experience and Bachelor of Science in Engineering Technology (or equivalent), or 2 to 6 years of experience and Associate Degree in Engineering Technology (or equivalent), or 4 to 8 years equivalent experience with no degree.
- Experience and demonstrated written and oral communications skills, including the ability to present information, facilitate meetings and provide direction to others’.
- Thorough understanding of Electric Distribution materials, work procedures, and work dependencies.
- Proven competency in all aspects of the Distribution Specialist roles.
- Experience with an electric utility or DOT.
- Understanding of basic principles of project management.
- Experience with Electric Distribution.
- Live within 30 miles or 45 minutes of work location headquarters.
- Works with DOT and other municipalities.
If you already have a resume on file with The E Group and would like to be considered for this position, simply email your note of interest to The E Group at email@example.com .
Why Choose The E Group? We are an award winning firm recognized for having an outstanding reputation with our clients and employees. All contractors are eligible for full group health and dental benefits, 401K with matching, and various insurances. Generous living expenses are given to help those who relocate or have duplicate housing.
For immediate consideration simply attach your resume to this posting or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org All applicants will receive feedback once position closes.