Blue & Co., LLC is currently seeking a talented Senior Accountant to join our Audit practice in Seymour, Indiana.
As a Senior Accountant, you are responsible for playing a key role during engagements, will begin to establish a more personal and direct working relationships with clients, peers and directors. You will begin to develop your supervisory and management skills and experience. Receive ongoing training and mentoring that is a key to success in public accounting. Work on a wide variety of challenging engagements, continue your professional development and realize your career goals.
• Planning, scheduling and orchestrating all aspects of assurance engagements.
• Performing and completing field work to include the preparation of complex work papers along with monitoring the work paper preparation of Staff Accountants.
• Preparing financial statements and performing risk assessments.
• Writing management letters.
• Follow-up, tracking and resolution of open issues following fieldwork.
• Ensuring the engagement comes to completion.
• Relationship building with clients and community contacts in an effort to contribute to the overall marketing efforts of the firm.
• Training and mentoring Staff Accountants.
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting with 2-5 years’ experience in auditing in a public accounting firm with a focus on small to mid-size companies. More experience may qualify you as a Manager-level employee.
• CPA or eligible and actively pursuing certification.
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
• Experience in Microsoft Office products / applications.
• Experience working within a paperless accounting environment.
• Must be comfortable working in a team environment with changing priorities and deadlines.
• Travel up to 20 overnights annually; work at other offices, driving to/from client locations and an occasional day trip.
• Physical demands include the ability to lift up to 15 pounds, sit for long periods of time and the use of a laptop or desktop.
Want to know what our employees think? View our videos at http://www.blueandco.com/careers.html and http://www.blueandco.com/lifeblue.html.
We are responsive. We are caring. We are advocates.
Blue & Co., LLC, ranked as the 56th largest CPA firm in the U.S. by INSIDE PUBLIC ACCOUNTING, has seen unprecedented growth since its inception in 1970. With 13 offices in four states (IN, KY, OH, and TX) and close to 400 professionals, Blue is proud to serve clients in the Construction, Manufacturing, Distribution, Healthcare, Agribusiness, Financial Services, and Not-for-Profit industries.
Guidance, opportunity, flexibility and support — that's life at Blue & Co., LLC
We will not sponsor an employment related visa for this position. A background check will be required for employment in this position. Blue is an EOE/AA employer. M/F/D/V. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.