- Manages the supply base to ensure purchasing at the lowest total delivered cost (understanding packaging, freight, quality, shelf life, obsolescence are all critical elements in the equation); work with vendors regarding pricing, package size, and delivery, negotiate warehouse, freight, customs, and broker contacts internationally (where applicable).
- Develops and implements detailed plans for suppliers and warehousing, ensuring that warehouses are staffed on time with the appropriate amounts of materials. Ensures that product availability is appropriate to demand and adjusted as needed. Will minimize out of stock orders.
- Responsible for inventory strategies, budgets/projections, reviewing obsolescence risk and customer service levels to ensure achievement of set goals.
- Manage the SAP system to drive operational performance. Ensure SAP utilization throughout the organization.
- Provides sales support, technical training and technical support for all products (e.g. chemical spills and how to deal with them, accidental chemical interactions, spoilage, etc.).
- Manages Continuous Improvement initiatives of the Warehouse and the Materials Department.
- Follows ISO 14001 and ISO/TS 16949 policies and procedures.
- Teach / coach / work with a unionized workforce.
DESIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATONS:
individual must have excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as excellent interpersonal skills.
Must have computer experience with Microsoft Office, excel, Power Point, Outlook and Access.
Knowledge of JIT and SAP systems is a must and prior experience in a Six Sigma environment using Synchronized Systems processes is a plus.
Utilize and improve on Perpetual Inventory concepts
Understand and ensure Inventory Cycle Counts
Good knowledge of Value Streams Mapping
In depth understanding of 5S, KANBAN and Kaizen involvement
Demonstrated experience in supervision of unionized workforce. Multitasking and hands on experience
2+ years experience working in a Chemical manufacturing or distribution operation to have developed a “comfort” working with and around chemicals.
5+ years of related Materials, Supply Chain experience in a chemical distribution environment working with international suppliers of chemicals and 3rd party warehousing.
Needs a strong understanding of inventory management, packaging and value add in chemical production.
Must be able to manage ISO quality systems and comply with related regulatory issues.
- Four Year Degree in Engineering, Business, Supply Chain etc
- An understanding of Visual management (visual factory) / layout design principles and thorough understanding of Operations including, Safety, SAP Optimization, Inventory Control, warehouse layout & efficiencies, Shipping/Receiving processes, cost saving, performance evaluation measurements, and demonstrated Customer orientation.