Blue & Co., LLC is proud to be named “Best Places to Work” again in Indiana, Kentucky, and Ohio!
Blue & Co., LLC is currently seeking a Payroll Specialist to join our team in Columbus, Indianapolis, or Carmel, Indiana. This position can be part-time or full-time, depending on your preference. Our team is responsible for all payroll functions for approximately 120+ diverse small business clients.
• Perform all daily payroll processing operations; must have proficiency with service bureau payroll software
• Prepare and file multi-state tax payments
• Prepare payroll journal entries for clients
• Manage workflow to ensure all payroll transactions are processed accurately and timely
• Reconcile payroll prior to transmission and validate confirmed reports
• Process correct retirement plan deductions, garnishment calculations, HSA and flexible spending in compliance with state and federal guidelines
• Complete accurate and timely year-end reporting (W-2, W-2c, etc.)
• New client set up
• Bank account reconciliations
• Associate’s degree or 3 years multi-state payroll experience using payroll service bureau software
• CPP (Certified Payroll Professional) designation is a plus
• Strong understanding of multi-state tax jurisdiction requirements
• Strong taxation knowledge of employer paid benefits
• Intermediate to advance proficiency with MS Office (Outlook, Excel and Word)
• Excellent time management habits; deadline driven with proven ability to manage changing priorities
• Customer service oriented
• Proven ability to work both independently and with a team as required
• Knowledge and experience working with bank NACHA files
• Experience in a professional services/public accounting environment a plus
Our Values: We are responsive. We are caring. We are advocates.
Blue & Co., LLC, ranked as the 56th largest CPA firm in the U.S. by INSIDE PUBLIC ACCOUNTING, has seen unprecedented growth since its inception in 1970. With 13 offices in 4 states (IN, KY, OH, and TX) and nearly 450 professionals, Blue is proud to serve clients in the Healthcare, Construction, Manufacturing, Distribution, Agribusiness, Financial Services, and Not-for-Profit industries.
We will not sponsor an employment related visa for this position. A background check will be required for employment in this position. Blue is an EOE/AA employer. M/F/D/V. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.