We are currently seeking a Quality Assurance Manager to join our team in our GTA facility. Key responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Serve as the lead within the plant for Company Quality initiatives including the implementation of the Company quality system
- Serves as Food Safety Management System Leader to ensure the training of Food Safety Team Members, ensure that the FSMS is established, implemented, maintained, and updated.
- Plant & Market Quality Managers on FSMS effectiveness & suitability
- Prepare for all Company Quality Audits, ISO audits and respond to issues
- Ensure compliance and record keeping for all mandated quality checks, testing, sampling and sanitation activities
- Track, analyze, and lead initiatives for all quality and customer complaint issues within the plant
- Serve as primary plant liaison with the Customer Service Center, Consumer Affairs and with consumers for quality and complaint issues
- Prepare and maintain permitting and licensing for the plant
- Manage budgeting, purchasing and inventory of plant operating supplies such as filters, chemicals and lab supplies
- Coordinate activities and develop good relationship with key vendors
- Monitor the performance and competencies of plant QA staff and provide leadership, coaching and development as needed
- Lead the execution of cultural changes and activities needed to support Continuous Improvement initiatives.
- Develop initiatives to improve plant performance against Company quality measures and ensure plant compliance with company and regulatory standards
- Provide day-to-day leadership to QA Department and act as the primary liaison to Corporate QA, Corporate and outside laboratories, and to external regulatory agencies
- May serve as plant representative for regional quality forums and initiatives
Key qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree in chemistry, microbiology, Food Science or related field.
- Ten or more years of QA experience with five or more years of QA management experience within the food or beverage manufacturing industry
- SQF Practitioner certificate; ISO 17025 Certificate.
- Knowledge of ISO requirements and audits
- Knowledge of Statistical Process Control, HACCP, sanitation, and hygienic design
- Strong project management and computer skills, including Word, Excel, Access, & PowerPoint; ERP system and Quality system experience needed, SAP and Infinity preferred
- Proven leadership skills, coaching and developing leaders & employees
- Demonstrated ability to drive continuous improvement and manage to/achieve metrics
- Strong communication skills with the ability to interact effectively with frontline employees, peers, and executives
- Ability to drive positive change in both processes and systems and culture
- Strong internal and external customer focus with great follow-up
- Self-directed with high integrity and the maturity commensurate with being an effective manager