Director, Quality Management (Head Office - Canada)
Is responsible for management of Quality Management functions at Company Head Office and coordinating Quality Management Shared Services activities in the market. Acts as the market recall coordinator and interfaces with Regulatory agencies in crisis situations and other quality issues requiring coordination with Regulatory agencies. Responsible for the Quality Integrated Management System programs and activities needed for products imported into the market. Routinely interfaces with and supports Business Units on business objectives including issues such as product design, consumer complaints, etc. Acts as Quality Management Systems champion and is responsible for the Head Office Quality Management Systems.
1. Leads the development and implementation of company requirements such as Quality Management Systems, GI's at the head office .
2. Coordinates resolution of QM issues including development of corrective action plans.
3. Champions and supports continuous improvement activities to achieve reductions in areas such as Waste reduction and Consumer Complaints.
4. Responsible for quality management of the IMS program and assessment of imported products.
5. Functions as primary Quality contact with Business Units and supports business objectives.
6. Coordinates and collaborates with QM Shared Services on quality activities / functions needed to support the market
7. Primary contact with Regulatory agencies on quality related issues
8. Supports evaluation / resolution of customer and consumer product quality issues
9. Provides technical support / problem solving on quality / regulatory / food safety issues.
10. Provides technical assistance and training to co-manufacturers / suppliers and Company operations as needed.
11. Development and maintenance of competences and quality awareness, and commitment to zero defect in the market.
12. Coordinates and facilitates the market Emerging Issues Roundtable.
13. Assists in the development and implementation of the quality strategy throughout the market; establishes quality objectives based on Group objectives and is responsible for the Head Office MRQ.
14. Other duties as assigned
15. Travel required - approximately 20 - 40%
. This individual operates with minimal direct supervision and collaborates with VP QM on objectives / market direction / emerging issues.
. This individual provides direct supervision to assigned Quality Personnel. Collaborates closely with Shared Services QM personnel supporting the market.
. This position is key to ensuring that the proper food safety and regulatory compliance programs and operational controls are in place for Company self-manufactured and co-manufactured products. It also provides strong technical support to the business units. It is particularly important to collaborate with the business units to ensure proper design criteria in support of product launches. Position is expected to contribute to business objectives in areas such as Complaint reductions.
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
BS in Food Science, Microbiology and/or Technology required.
. Minimum 7 years in the food manufacturing industry.
. Line management with demonstrated capability to lead a larger geographically diverse group, e.g:
Division QM Director or Quality Manager in a market
. Management exposure across several functions
. Different factory and/or market positions, environments
. Proven track record in delivering results by working with cross-functional teams
. Understanding of and experience with CFIA regulations and is required..
. Extensive knowledge of quality management programs required for the food manufacturing industry.
. Experience in auditing manufacturing facilities, HACCP, solid understanding / application of GMP's.
. Previous managerial experience with direct reports is required.
. Must be capable of working with minimal direct supervision and have strong demonstrated leadership skills.
. Must be capable of working in cross-functional groups and must be skilled in change management.
. Highly developed ability to challenge people in reaching their targets.
. Developed understanding of supply chain targets and KPI's
. Developed understanding of finance targets and the overall budget structure
. Strong verbal and written communication skills.
. Must be capable of providing leadership and achieving performance objectives in a matrixed organization.
. Strong analytical thinking in conjunction with innovation approaches.
. Demonstrated ability to effectively address and escalate serious / controversial issues at appropriate management levels.
. Strong inter-personal and problem solving skills.
. Demonstrated ability to take initiative and to achieve desired results.
. Capable to develop and to deliver training to both technical and non-technical personnel.
. PC proficiency in basic Windows programs.
. Experience with SAP software desirable.