|Job Title||Recreation Specialist|
|Job Type||Full-Time Regular|
Interested in making a difference in young adults’ lives between the ages of 16-24? If so we may have the perfect job for you.
Job Corps is a government-funded, no-cost education and vocational training program administered by the U.S. Department of Labor that helps socioeconomically disadvantaged youth. We strive to fulfill this mission by following our Core Values of Safety, Individual Accountability, Respect, Integrity, Growth and Commitment.
Come and surround yourself with talented and professional individuals who have also taken the next step of making a difference in someone’s life.
You would not only have a great and dedicated team to work with, but you would also be eligible to take advantage of a comprehensive benefits plan which includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401
Days and hours are varied, anywhere from 11:00 am to 12:00 am
Directs trainees in leisure-time recreation/non-vocational activities and leadership programs
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Assists in organization and implementation of the recreation/non-vocational programs and encourages trainees’ participation
2. Orders and issues materials, supplies, films and game equipment upon supervisor’s review and approval
3. Develops and operates weekly game activities
4. Assists in center-sponsored trips and events
5. Coaches teams engaged in on and off center activities
6. Assists trainees in drama and other creative activities
7. Helps train trainees in recreation/non-vocational aide program
8. Attends required staff training sessions
9. Performs other duties as assigned
Minimum: Associate of Arts degree in relevant field or one year’s experience working with youth
Preferred: One year’s experience in a recreation/non-vocational program
General Information: In order to perform the essential job functions of this position, candidate must have regular attendance.
Knowledge Required: Thorough knowledge of a variety of recreation/non-vocational activities. Thorough knowledge of a variety of recreation/non-vocational activities. Ability to obtain lifeguard certification as required. Must obtain and maintain CPR/First Aid certification. Ability to relate effectively with trainee population. Ability to inspire and motivate trainees.
All post offer candidates must complete and pass a background check and drug screen.
CSD is a leader in workforce development operating Job Corps centers throughout the U.S. since 1964 and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action / Female / Minority / Disabled / Veteran Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex