|Job Title||Bakery/Deli Department Manager In Training|
|Location||Various locations, AK|
Salary Grade: A0R006
In your role as Bakery, Deli, Food Court Department Manager-in-Training, you’re responsible for the day-to-day operations of your department, including daily output and display of bakery products. You focus on reducing costs, monitoring product quality, tracking inventory, and more!
Alaska Commercial Company
• Ensure merchandise is presented to achieve maximum sales/profits and follow correct stock rotation;
• Resolve customer concerns, inquiries, and requests, with customer service as your priority;
• Maintain extreme cleanliness, including product prep areas, merchandise cases, tables, and shelves.
• Ensure production, finishing, packaging, and displaying bakery products in merchandise cases, on Euro tables, bakery racks, and bulk bins is completed by staff in a timely fashion;
• Oversee correct cost landing of all invoices and adjust retail prices to maintain gross profit margins;
• Supervise, train, and schedule staff as required;
• Use Daily Production Breakout Sheets and follow up on over and under production issues;
• Ensure displays are as per marketing programs;
• Prepare ready-to-bake bakery products according to company guidelines;
• Ensure company standards for safety, proper food handling practices, sanitation, and productivity
Desired Skills & Experience:
• Strong customer service skills;
• Record of bottom line and sales results in previous roles;
• Knowledge of food supply industry and experience with managing supply chains;
• 3+ years of management experience in retail;
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions, both verbally and written;
• Computer knowledge of Excel and Outlook;
• Strong knowledge of operating principles;
• Ability to work with confidential information;
• Highly motivated with a passion to bring our communities products and services to live better;
• Strong analytical and leadership skills; and
• Keen attention to detail and customer driven.
Joining ACC gives you the opportunity for growth and development throughout the company, a competitive salary and benefits package, and to be part of a dynamic and diverse culture.
Compensation: DOE $18.00 - $20.00
Relocation: Yes, Company paid housing & utilities
**Please note this position requires relocation to Alaska**
Positions will be advertised externally; however internal candidates will receive first consideration based on qualifications. Employees are encouraged to bring forward applications of external candidates that meet the qualifications of this position.
NOTE: If an existing employee is selected for a posted position they will be required to remain in that position a minimum of one year prior to applying for other posted positions unless authorized by their current supervisor. New employees to the company must also remain in their position a minimum of one year prior to applying for posted positions unless authorized by their supervisor.
A competitive salary is being offered along with opportunities to learn, develop and advance throughout the organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.