Immediate 1 year position available in Hickory, NC.JOB DESCRIPTION:
Responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to the following:
- This position is responsible for designing safe, cost effective, reliable power distribution facilities for new residential, commercial and industrial projects.
- The Engineering Technologist I is one of Distribution’s primary face-to-face contacts with customers (both internal and external), requiring them to develop relationships with customers, builders, developers, electricians, other utilities, city officials, etc.
- A primary task of this position is learning company policies and procedures and developing knowledge in the design and construction of electric distribution facilities to serve a variety of customers.
- This position is responsible for storm response and could involve after-hours work and/or travel.
- Accurately evaluate options to design safe, reliable, and cost effective electric distribution facilities for new residential, commercial and industrial projects according to Company policies, procedures and standards.
- Primary face-to-face contact with customers both internal and external, requiring extensive communication.
- Evaluate electrical loading, and reliability on the electric distribution system to provide cost effective system expansion that maximizes safety and service reliability.
- Also may complete follow up activities associated with the investigation, mitigation, or prevention of outages on the electric distribution system, as well as involvement in the resolution of less complex power quality issues.
- Assist with outage restoration activities.
- Valid driver’s license
- 2 year engineering degree or 4 year engineering technology degree
- Previous experience in electric distribution engineering or other related field.
- Knowledge of electric distribution system operation.
- Previous experience with drawing tools such as Autocad, MicroStation.
- Previous experience working with the public.
- Possess good interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrably good oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrably good analytical skills and decision making skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with others. Working Conditions:
- Office based environment with extensive field work outdoors in all weather and around electric distribution facilities, general public premises and construction sites.
- After hours response to outage restoration, including regular call out duty and potential out of town travel.
- Potential to work overtime.
If you already have a resume on file with The E Group and would like to be considered for this position, simply email your note of interest to The E Group at email@example.com .
Why Choose The E Group? We are an award winning firm recognized for having an outstanding reputation with our clients and employees. All contractors are eligible for full group health and dental benefits, 401K with matching, and various insurances. Generous living expenses are given to help those who relocate or have duplicate housing.
For immediate consideration simply attach your resume to this posting or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org All applicants will receive feedback once position closes.