Position Summary: Reporting directly to the General Manager, responsible for administering company Salary Compensation Program for high level hourly and up to VP level salaried Employees and insurance benefits company-wide with little or no supervision. Has advanced knowledge of employee compensation and benefits negotiations with carriers, policies and procedures, associate relations.
- Reporting directly to the General Manager, plan develop and implement compensation/performances programs, policies and procedures
- Assist the reporting manager with managing and overseeing the bonus process
- Evaluates jobs, benchmarks, and review job offers for internal and external equity.
- Participates in compensation surveys to collect and analyze salary information to determine company’s competitive positions.
- Review and make recommendations to compensation policies and processes.
- Serve as a Compensation Advisor to Management throughout the Enterprise.
- Manage the employee benefits programs such as RRSPs, health programs, term life insurance plans; disability programs; flexible spending accounts, and EAP.
- Work with a variety of health and welfare providers/vendors as well as the Enterprise Human Resources team to support and manage the companies’ benefits programs.
- Ensures Company compliance with existing legal employment requirements both individually and through communication and training of department and location managers.
- Keeps apprised and ensure compliance to all laws governing Compensation & Benefits.
- Supervises and manages support personnel within the team as it relates to all projects or related work, establishes performance requirements, clarifies responsibilities of those supervised, conducts performance appraisals and plans for individual employee improvement.
- Focus effort, resources, and people on delivering quality programs and solutions and providing responsive service levels throughout the company
- Take initiative to help team members and direct reports understand how their work fits into the bigger picture
- Provide clear direction and priorities
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Business, Human Resources or other relevant area
- 3-8 years of progressively responsible experience in Compensation & Benefits to include analysis, plan design and/or administration of compensation programs inc negotiation with carriers
- 3 – 5 years’ work experience in a leadership or manager level position
- Experience administering multi-level compensation plan(s)
- Experience conducting research and participating in salary surveys to benchmark and learn industry best-practices
- Ability to handle confidential information with the utmost judgment and discretion
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Excellent analytical, organization and communication skills
- Expert verbal and written communication skills with the abilities to communicate with all levels within the company
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, rapidly changing, diverse work environment
Located 25 km west of Brampton, this client offers an exciting and rewarding career opportunity in a low cost of living community with easy access to the city. The town is quaint and safe. The plants are busy, fast paced, highly automated, state-of-the-art automotive parts manufacturing facilities. This is a permanent full time position with good long term career path potential. The company is a tier one automotive parts supplier in both Canada and in the U.S., producing components for various makes and models. The client utilizes state of the art manufacturing processes to produce these products the company has been moulding and assembling for over 20 years. They have over 1000 associates working at 3 on site manufacturing facilities.
The "fit" with this client is all important. A long term relationship is the expected outcome. There is always room for improvement, but there is nothing "broken" about this plant. Its in good shape and there is very little turnover. This will be a solid career move for the successful candidate. Again...pass this posting around to qualified people if you are not personally interested! All referrals welcome.