|Job Title||IT Infrastructure PM|
|Location||Palo Alto, CA|
|Job Type||Contract Full-Time|
IT Infrastructure PM - 3-6 month extendable contract
The IT Project Manager is responsible for managing all aspects of assigned IT projects. Including but not limiting to developing, executing and closing projects. The incumbent integrates user needs, collaborates with Technical Specialists, makes assessment and implements project plans.
Scope of the role includes working with a project team that may include physicians, clinic staff, and other staff associated with an IT project from a unit or department. The incumbent manages and assists Senior Managers and Directors on IT projects such as systems selection, design, database building, training, testing, activation and post deployment activities.
· Work closely with the clinical and/or business functional areas, with external customers, and with vendors to define systems/project priorities, scope, approach, resource requirements, timing deliverables and funding.
· Develop project schedules and work plans using standard project management tools and methods.
· Demonstrate strategic thinking and problem solving by using appropriate information to diagnose project problems and identify possible solutions; document pros and cons of proposed solutions.
· Manage all aspects of the project including analysis, budgeting, planning, designing, building, testing, training, Go Live coordination and transition to support.
· Communicates effectively issues to management and sponsors in a timely manner.
· Plan and facilitate regular project team meetings involving technical resources, support staff, vendors, and business users; regularly publish minutes and status reports.
· Manage customer relations by fostering productive and effective relationships with business users.
· Focused on continues improvements, provides consultancy to teams outside the Project Management Office
· Assist in the prioritization of projects by providing reliable work schedules and time estimates.
· Identify and share best practices with team members.
· Participate in staff, team, and planning meetings as needed.
Specific Network/ Infrastructure functions this PM will Project Manage:
· Push the teams through the Detailed Network Design
· Coordinate and report out all PMO deliverables related to this portion of the project
· Ensure communication and tight coordination with the applicable service towers. Alert them to resource needs, deliverables, work coming, etc
· Run the Vendor selection/RFP for purchase of network equipment required prior to purchase of network gear. RFP required to start in April in order to hit June ordering timeline
· Ensure good oversight and coordination with the LV cabling contractors as those components come together.
· MTR design also required with PM oversight as well as UCC design completion and planning. MTR room expected to be ready in end of 2015. Planning for this requires inventory of 300P equipment and interviews with apps teams to determine what must go into 500P and what should live in the STC, etc
· Move UCC design through planning and into selection, procurement, and deployment