Immediate 1 year position available in Lake Mary, FL.JOB DESCRIPTION:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- This is the first level of the Siting classification hierarchy.
- Employees at this level manage work in planning and technical areas of specialization, with minimal supervision.
- Incumbents are expected to develop advanced skills and to have the ability to work independently, with guidance limited to unusual or complex projects or issues.
- They are fully competent in use of concepts and procedures.
- They identify problems, develop solutions, and take actions to resolve.
Job-specific knowledge, skills, or abilities:
- Accountable to ensure consistent practices in siting transmission facilities and also ensure consistent filings for these facilities.
- This position serves as the point of contact with other departments and organizations, both internally and externally as related to transmission siting and permitting.
- Works under consultative direction toward predetermined goals and objectives.
- Assignments are usually self-initiated.
- Serves as a siting subject matter expert and provides specialized technical expertise and judgment to resolve moderately complex siting issues.
- Acts as a lead person or technical expert providing functional direction and training for moderately complex siting activities.
- Provides leadership in developing and maintaining procedures and programs to assist facilities in complying with laws and regulations.
- Provides expert testimony on siting projects.
- Strives to continually develop and improve expert technical knowledge and skill to ensure that department expectations are met.
- Works with others to support accomplishment of work unit goals and enhance company reputation through effective planning, organizing, communicating, and scheduling of work activities.
- Works with others to support the department’s routine and special projects in order to accomplish business objectives.
- Strives to continually develop and improve job-related technical knowledge and skill to ensure that department expectations are met.
- GIS mapping for site plan development and submittal to internal and external customers for review and comment.
- Ability to research city, county, state, or federal data and information to incorporate into comprehensive mapping.
- This position will be required to attend city or county planning, DRC/BCC hearings, and occasionally zoning hearings.
- Responsible for serving as the lead and point of contact for moderately complex projects to ensure that siting transmission facilities are meeting federal, state, and local laws and regulations in addition to corporate and departmental policies and procedures.
- High expertise required in the areas of land planning and permitting.
- Works under limited directions.
- Independently determines and develops approaches to solutions procedures.
- Serves as a subject matter expert and provides technical expertise and judgment to resolve issues.
- Evaluates and reviews basic proposed and existing codes, standards, regulations, and guidelines to determine the impact on company programs, and facility operations, and assists in comments to the project team.
- Maintains comprehensive knowledge on land use, siting, permitting, and environmental laws and regulations and working knowledge of technical aspects of siting requirements.
- High level of effective communications (both oral and written) and interpersonal skills with a customer-oriented focus.
- Demonstrates ability to communicate effectively with management.
- Provides technical guidance to less experienced personnel and works under general direction.
- Demonstrate strong project management skills.
- Minimum of 2 years' experience and Bachelor’s degree in engineering, science or other related field of study.
- Experience in negotiating with regulators and the public.
- High level of collaboration and interpersonal skills with a customer-oriented focus.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with management.
- Demonstrated ability to manage/lead personnel from diverse groups working toward a common goal or objective.
- Working Conditions: Office environment with exposure to PC terminal and keyboard.
- Occasional field, work site, facility visitation required.
- Occasional overnight travel required both on and off system.
- Vehicle travel involved to field locations; typical travel.
- To perform this job, there is a matrix/dotted-line working relationship with others in the following positions: Project Development, Substation Engineering, Line Engineering, Land Services, Legal, Resource Management/PM, CAD Services, Transmission and Distribution Planning, Corporate Communications, Government Affairs, Environmental Services, Surveying, Construction and Maintenance, and Vegetation Management.
- To perform this job, there is frequent interaction with others in the following positions at external companies, regulatory agencies or other organizations: Utility Commission Staff, Consultants, Local, State, and Federal Agencies, and the public.
If you already have a resume on file with The E Group and would like to be considered for this position, simply email your note of interest to The E Group at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Why Choose The E Group? We are an award winning firm recognized for having an outstanding reputation with our clients and employees. All contractors are eligible for full group health and dental benefits, 401K with matching, and various insurances. Generous living expenses are given to help those who relocate or have duplicate housing.
For immediate consideration simply attach your resume to this posting or email your resume to email@example.com All applicants will receive feedback once position closes.