Application Instructions: Instead of using the online application, please email your resume directly to Derek Collins at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Duties & Responsibilities
We represent a U.S. leader in the manufacturing of custom-engineered, high-quality metal building systems. In this lean manufacturing environment, hard work is rewarded with above average compensation and benefits. Our client believes that teamwork and safety are critical to their work environment. This company is looking for people who desire to build a long-term career. The company has never had a layoff in their 40-plus year history and advancement opportunities are abundant for solid performers.
We are searching for a Design Engineer to join our client’s growing team.
- Take Care of our Customers
- Assist in division sales and profits by designing safe, accurate, and cost effective structures
- Responsible for providing complete, accurate and timely design package in accordance with the Company guidelines and other governing codes and standards
- Assist in project meetings, estimating, special projects, as well as research and development as needed by the company or division
- Actively manage projects through effective communication and documentation with customers and teammates in other departments
- Demonstrates ability to "value-engineer" projects while communicating with inside and outside customers to achieve cost effective design solutions and maximize company profitability
- Willingness and ability to travel to job sites, sometimes with short notice
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited institution with focus in structural engineering
- Successfully passes the FE exam
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the US.
- Understanding of current building loads/codes and standard industry practices within the metal buildings industry
- Experience with roofing or self storage systems
- Ability to properly interpret Architectural and Structural Drawings and develop project scopes when needed.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills