My client is a leader in providing high quality services to customers in the process automation industries in Southern Ontario and the Greater Toronto Area including food and beverage, alternative fuels, cement, and plastics. Reporting directly to the President, We is seeking a C.F.O to join their management team to continue to provide strong finance, accounting, and general business skills to complement the companys extensive technical and project management skills.
- At least 3 years experience in a controller, V.P. Finance, or C.F.O. role
- Ability to fit into an entrepreneurial culture with a roll-up-the-sleeves attitude
- A well rounded business person in addition to strong accounting and finance skills
- Good people skills - the ability to work successfully with a wide variety of people
- Experience in a project-oriented contracting or services-oriented company
- Monthly financial statements as well as remittances
- Year-end preparation for review by outside accountants
- Review results monthly with managers and report back to the President on performance, future outlook, and action plans to deal with variances
- Budgeting of all divisions, including coordinating sales forecasts
- Development of dashboard systems, key performance indicators and other management reports to help monitor and manage the business
- Manage banking, cash flow management, and foreign exchange issues.
- Analyzing margins on projects to assist in pricing projects
- Monitoring the contract profitability in all divisions
- Reports and analysis as necessary to support operations
- Managing of the sales and marketing tracking system and performance reports
- Help update and develop the marketing plan and strategy
- Reports and analysis as necessary to support marketing
- Supervise admin staff and manage admin functions including payroll/benefits
- Manage human resources in terms of hiring, orientation, policies, etc.
- Manage IT - computer support, communications, backup, and IT planning
- Oversee all risk management including legal, insurance, internal controls, etc.
- Update, continually improve, and contribute to the companys business plan
- Develop, organize and manage key business improvement projects
- Analysis and advice to senior managers and the President on all business issues