|Job Title||Production Leader|
|Job Type||Full-Time Regular|
This role has autonomous responsibility for a complete Business Unit approaching PandL authority. You will report to the General Manager and provide leadership and direction to 40-50 hourly unionized employees in the direction of production activities in the department to meet Company goals and objectives in the areas of cost, quality, safety, quantity and delivery. Other duties as assigned.
- Assigning, planning, monitoring and problem solving of production processes to meet efficiencies & utilization, department requirements and thru put.
- Ensure a quality product through SPC/OPC problem solving and corrective action processes.
- Ensure customer delivery requirements, inventory levels, and budget guidelines are met.
- Provide job training and coaching.
- Ensure compliance to the Collective Agreement in the areas of discipline, job postings, seniority, equal overtime distribution.
- Ensure compliance with Company policies and procedures.
- Administer the Occupational Health and Safety Act as it pertains to supervisor responsibilities.
Conduct monthly Health and Safety Talks.
- Shipping / Receiving / Stores- Material movement
- Continuous Improvement
- Participate in the recruitment process.
- Make recommendations to improve productivity and reduce overall costs.
- Administer First-Aid when necessary.
- Able to demonstrate success in direction of human and physical resources to acheive manufacturing cost and quality and capacity targets.
- Requires demonstrated knowledge of WELDING processes and manufacturing machinery/assembly processes.- Problem solving.
- Knowledge of SPC/OPC.
- Highly motivated and able to motivate others.
- Knowledge of Labour Relations and the Collective Agreement.
- Knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations.
- Knowledge of W.H.M.I.S.
- Requires a valid First-Aid/CPR Certificate.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with frequent interruptions.
- Prompt decision making.
- Continuous monitoring of personnel and machinery.
- Problem solving.
This is an excellent opportunity to work for a stable and growing manufacturer with diverse customers and market service capability. It pays in the long run to be with a strong organization that has well engineered and well made products with consistent quality standards at the right price. Common sense production solutions and a versatile approach work well here. You need to be safety conscious and you need to be able to balance multiple prioritties.
There are advancement opportunities available as well!