|Job Title||Health & Safety Officer/Leader|
|Job Type||Full-Time Regular|
Our client, a leading manufacturer in their industry, are currently looking to hire an energetic H&S Officer/Leader who is passionate about the discipline and who fundamentally enjoys being proactive in coaching and training company employees on all H&S initiatives. The Health and Safety Officer/Leader provides functional leadership in the development, maintenance and coordination of the plant health and safety program. The position has ongoing responsibilities to assess plant safety performance and where appropriate develop and implement plans to improve safety performance.
Your responsibilities will also include the following:
· University degree preferred but not necessary. Post secondary education in a related field also preferred.
· 3-7 years H&S experience in a manufacturing environment
· A thorough knowledge of all related health and safety legislation including the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Industrial Regulation.
· Possession of a professional safety designation
· Excellent interpersonal skills as well as both verbal and written communication skills
· An organized self starter with a high energy level
· Ability to work as a member of a small team and with minimal supervision
· Union Experience an asset