Application Instructions: Instead of using the online application, please email your resume directly to Todd Sharon at Todd@z-careers.com .
Duties / Responsibilities
We represent one of the most stable and fastest growing Fortune 200 manufacturing companies in the U.S. In this lean manufacturing environment, hard work is rewarded with above average compensation and benefits. Our client believes that teamwork and safety are critical to their work environment. This company is looking for people who desire to build a long-term career. The company has never had a layoff in their 40-plus year history and advancement opportunities are abundant for solid performers. Our client is environmentally friendly and is the nation's largest recycler of scrap steel.
We are searching for an Environmental Engineer to join our client’s growing team.
Duties of the Environmental Engineer include:
- Assisting in the development, growth and improvement of the environmental program
- Maintain environmental records and executing compliance reporting requirements for air and water permits, licenses, rules, regulations and programs
- Coordinating and supporting permitting activities
- Working with, and building relationships with environmental regulators and inspectors
- Working with water treatment operations, bag house operations and other steel operations
- Facilitating continuous improvement related to operation and maintenance of environmental equipment and processes to include engineering, training, audits and community outreach
- Some travel required.
Mandatory Minimum Qualifications
Qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Environmental Science
- 2+ years environmental experience including environmental compliance, industrial data collection and report preparation in a heavy manufacturing environment
- Preferred Qualifications
Preferred qualifications include:
- Experience in bag house and water treatment operations and managing industrial environmental programs.
- Advanced Safety/Environmental Training and/or Certifications
Keywords: environmental engineer, environmental, environmental health and safety, environmental regulations, steel, manufacturing