Immediate 1 year position available in Charlotte, NC.JOB DESCRIPTION:
Responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to the following:
- This position is for a DISTRIBUTION Engineering Technologist II.
- Accurately evaluate options to design safe, reliable, and cost effective electric distribution facilities for new residential, commercial, and industrial projects according to Company policies, procedures, and standards.
- Prepares material, labor estimates and construction drawings and works with scheduling and resource planning to ensure projects are constructed to meet project time line.
- Primary face-to-face contact with customers both internal and external, requiring extensive communication.
- Evaluate electrical loading, and reliability on the electric distribution system to provide cost effective system expansion that maximizes safety and service reliability.
- Evaluates options to design lighting solutions for residential area, commercial, and roadway lighting projects.
- Also may complete follow up activities associated with the investigation, mitigation, or prevention of outages, as well as involvement in the resolution of less complex power quality issues.
Minimum Education Requirement:
- Valid Driver’s License and vehicle suitable for business use (mileage reimbursement applies)
- Experience and demonstrated written and oral communications skills, including the ability to present information, facilitate meetings and provide direction to others’.
- Thorough understanding of Electric Distribution materials, work procedures, and work dependencies.
- Previous experience with drawing tools such as AutoCad, Microstation.
- Experience working with the public.
- Demonstrates good time management and organization skills.
- Two year degree in engineering technology and 2-4 years of experience in electric distribution utility engineering design (or equivalent), or 5-10 years equivalent experience with no degree.
- Manager has specifically stated that the candidates must have previous utility experience, and not just experience as an electrician.
- Manager would also prefer a 2 or 4 year Engineering Technology Degree as opposed to a more specific Engineering Degree, as the Technology Degrees tend to cover a more broad area of information.
If you already have a resume on file with The E Group and would like to be considered for this position, simply email your note of interest to The E Group at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Why Choose The E Group? We are an award winning firm recognized for having an outstanding reputation with our clients and employees. All contractors are eligible for full group health and dental benefits, 401K with matching, and various insurances. Generous living expenses are given to help those who relocate or have duplicate housing.
For immediate consideration simply attach your resume to this posting or email your resume to email@example.com All applicants will receive feedback once position closes.