As a Product Manager at the Lincoln Electric Company, our primary responsibilities lie in new product development, mature product promotion, product positioning, and product life cycle. The North American product management team is responsible for over $1.3B of revenue for the company.
Market research is a key function in this role to understand industry segment trends, brand trends, and to develop product portfolio plans. Strong communication skills are vital in this position as well, as a significant portion of time is spent talking to end users, distributors and other internal and external stakeholders. Moderate travel is required to ensure that enough time is spent in the field in order to maintain Lincoln’s leadership position in the welding and cutting market space.
The Product Manager role requires a diverse range of activities and significant work with cross-functional teams throughout the organization. Product Managers have overall product line ownership and expertise and are considered the primary resource within the company for information regarding our products, providing a good mix of hands-on tactical activities and strategic thinking. The hands on portion includes working with end users, identifying market opportunities, working in the lab with R&D and Applications Engineering, as well taking full ownership of the products within your portfolio. This not only includes knowing the key attributes of the product, but also understanding the application. Strategic thinking and excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential. It is important to understand the market, own the product line, know the competition, and development products and associated marketing collateral to have commercial success.
The Product Manager is also responsible for partnering with the Marketing Communications group to generate materials to support the sales of their product, providing a clear and concise message about the products, the product benefits and advantages in the market space. This includes print media, emerging media, presentation materials, video, and web content.
· BS/BA DEGREE IN Marketing or Engineering: MBA preferred
· 3-5 years’ experience in Sales or Marketing with comprehensive knowledge of Lincoln products preferred
· Ability to work on both tactical and strategic projects across disciplines, including Sales, Finance, Engineering, Manufacturing, R&D, Marketing Communications, Planning, and Customer Service.
· Understanding of welding and cutting practices and procedures preferred
· Strong understanding of Lincoln products and their uses
· Familiar with standard concepts of product development and positioning
· Ability to research the market, analyze customer requirements, and formulate plans for development
· Ability to write compelling story that reduces complex technical issues to easily understood features
· Proven ability to effectively lead others, set deadlines, and develop solutions to propel projects forward
· Must possess effective communication skills both verbal and written
· Demonstrated project management skills with evident organizational skills
· Proficient in MS Office including: Power Point, Word, and Excel
· Willing to travel approximately 25% of the time
ABOUT LINCOLN ELECTRIC
The Lincoln Electric Company is the world leader in the design, development and manufacture of arc welding products, robotic welding systems, plasma and oxyfuel cutting equipment. Recognized as the welding experts, Lincoln products are manufactured in over 40 manufacturing plants and facilities in 20 countries and a worldwide network of distributors and sales offices covering more than 160 countries.
Lincoln knows our strength as an industry leader begins with selecting the very best individuals to join our team of professionals. At Lincoln Electric, you have the opportunity to design your future and achieve a fulfilling career. If you’re up for the challenge, consider the possibilities.