|Job Title||Design Engineer|
|Location||Ft. Wayne, IN|
|Job Type||Full-Time Regular|
Application Instructions: Instead of using the online application, please email your resume directly to Derek Collins at Derek@z-careers.com.
Duties & Responsibilities
We represent a leader in the manufacturing of custom-engineered, high-quality metal building systems in the U.S. In this lean manufacturing environment, hard work is rewarded with above average compensation and benefits. Our client believes that teamwork and safety are critical to their work environment. This company is looking for people who desire to build a long-term career. The company has never had a layoff in their 40-plus year history and advancement opportunities are abundant for solid performers.
We are searching for a Design Engineer to join our client's growing team. As the Design Engineer you will be responsible for designing all parts of the metal buildings system, including structural steel, wall and roof panel, secondary members, and stability bracing. This will include:
· Designing safe and economical structures
· Load determination per applicable codes
· Frame, secondary, bracing, crane, mezzanine and panel analysis
· Communicating design requirements to the Detailing Department
· Reviewing and checking structural drawings
· Working with others to continue to grow as an engineer
Qualifications for the position include:
· Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited institution
· Successfully completed the Fundamentals of Engineering exam
· Effective with the English language using both verbal and written skills.
· Degree emphasis in Structures
· Effective communication skills for internal and external interaction are essential.
· Basic knowledge of building construction