2017 Best Places to Work in Indiana, Ohio, and Kentucky…thanks to our employees’ feedback!
We are growing again! Blue & Co., LLC is currently seeking a Senior Manager - Tax specializing in Estates, Gifts and Trusts. This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated individual who wants to be in a highly visible, consultative role within our firm. You will be an instrumental member of the specialty niche and act as an expert resource across our multi-state firm.
You will be a key business advisor to high net worth clients and their respective business interests. As a manager, you will lead our team in a variety of areas including technical expertise, staff development, client services and business development activities.
We offer a competitive salary, attractive bonus program and excellent employee benefits.
• Consult with high net worth clients on income tax, estate, trusts, and inheritance tax planning and compliance.
• Conduct research using Thomson Reuters Checkpoint, BN and CCH tax research programs.
• Review partnership, LLC, S Corporation, 1040, 1041, and estate tax returns.
• Lead proactive growth for Blue internally and externally. Work with internal leaders, managers; expand existing client relationships by understanding unique client needs, our various service lines, and actively advising, assessing, and presenting ways that the firm can serve our clients. Internally you will lead awareness of services.
• Mentor and be responsible for the professional growth and development of talented professionals and the overall growth of the practice.
• Develop strong working relationships and interface with directors, managers, and key leaders across the firm.
• Drive proactive growth of niche through internal education firmwide, assessing opportunities with clients and prospects, and lead joint meetings with clients and centers of influence.
• 10 or more years of tax experience with a public accounting or law firm; 5+ years of experience with trust/estate tax, gift tax, and benefits taxation.
• CPA and/or JD.
• Proven financial, analytical, technical and interpersonal skills.
• Experience consulting and reporting on benefits.
• Entrepreneurial mindset focused on creative solutions; demonstrated business development skills; motivated to grow in position and leadership role within firm.
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
• Must be comfortable working in a team environment with changing priorities and deadlines.
• Experience with CCH ProSystem FX Engagement and CCH ProSystem Tax preferred.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
• Experience working within a paperless accounting environment.
• Demonstrated ability to manage large engagements, as well as prioritize and supervise/motivate staff.
• Expected travel of 20-40%, primarily short daytrips to clients. Occasional overnight travel for training/CPE of less than 5% annually.
We are responsive. We are caring. We are advocates.
Blue & Co., LLC, is proudly ranked a top 60 CPA firm in the U.S. From a startup in 1970 to 10 offices throughout Indiana, Kentucky and Ohio, our success is driven by a culture of responsive solutions for our clients and a real commitment to our employees.
We will not sponsor an employment related visa for this position. A background check will be required for employment in this position. Blue is an EOE/AA employer. M/F/D/V. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. No phone calls please. Agency candidates will not be considered for this position.