|Job Title||Production Supervisor|
|Job Type||Full-Time Regular|
Production Supervisor - CNC.
Hands on Department Supervisor with solid technical, set-up and leadership skill for a CNC operation plant. 5 years experience.
Functions & Responsibilities
· Supervision – supervise and direct hourly employees in the production of parts, components and finished products.
· Conflict Resolution – must be fair, team player, good listener and not biased. Must be non-emotional and use facts and judgment based on past experiences.
· Quality - produce quality parts and finished goods that meet established quality goals, and implement corrective action plans when quality targets not met.
· Problem solving – proactive and objective approach to problem solving, experience predicting outcomes while minimizing costs and downtime.
· Productivity – motivate personnel and follows through to meet established productivity targets, implement corrective action plans when productivity targets are not met.
· Optimization -- evaluate and improve current processes
· Delivery – follow daily schedule and targets, when missing these targets to develop and implement corrective action plans.
· Processing - process and program engineering released parts across the above stated equipment.
· Production support - work with current production on day to day issues, working with the production scheduling on balancing day to day CNC machine work-loads
· Safety and 5S - ensure a safe and clean work environment by adhering to and enforcing safety programs, policies and regulations.
· Inventory - maintain required levels of inventory and develop and implement corrective action plans when required.
· CIP - perform continuous improvement activities aimed at enhancing safety, efficiency, quality and costs.
· Motivation - develop and maintain positive employee relations within the guidelines of company policy.
· Interactions with Engineering and Quality - administer and facilitate time standards and quality checks in conjunction with Manufacturing Engineering/Quality to maintain fair and proper standards throughout department.
· College degree preferred in a relatable discipline or 2 year technical degree in machining
· A minimum of 3 years of CNC background,
o CNC and NC experience a must
o CNC programming and set-up a must
o Hands on Supervisor preferred
o Knowledge of tooling
o Versatile in GD&T and blueprint reading
o Understanding of general machinist tools.
o Program editing knowledge is a big plus
· Able to get along well with others.
· Able to follow directions.
· Able to process information quickly.
· Able to adapt to change often.
· A minimum of 5 years of manufacturing supervision experience
· Shift work required
· Project management skills
· Excellent communication and computer skills
· Able to work 45 hours / week + OT when necessary
· Solid experience working in a fast paced manufacturing environment
· Computer skills – Microsoft Office, email, and production scheduling
· Police check background required prior to hire
The employer offers:
· Salary $55 – $62K + paid OT
· Full benefit package
· Company Pension contribution
· Training to administer payroll and use of software will be provided
This is an excellent opportunity to grow with a growing company that has a unique market and an innovative service approach. They have carved a niche for themselves on a global scale that has made this growth possible! A competitive compensation package is available along with an affordable and beautiful setting in family oriented community close to water and all of the great outdoor activities one would normally drive 2 hours to enjoy!
|Geographic Region||SW Ontario|