Immediate 1 year position available in Charlotte, NC.JOB DESCRIPTION:
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- This position will be required to accurately evaluate options, and design safe, cost-effective, reliable facilities for new residential, commercial and industrial, single phase and three phase projects.
- This position may also design major circuit construction and rebuild projects across a geographic area.
- Due to this position’s customer interaction and/or job complexity, the Distribution Engineering Technologist is one of Electric Distribution’s primary face-to-face contacts with key customers (both internal and external) requiring them to be self-motivated, savvy, reliable, and trustworthy; as well as technically competent.
- This self-directed individual develops relationships with internal and external customers, builders, developers, electricians, other utilities, city officials, etc., and promotes methods and procedures that maximize effectiveness.
- This position may be responsible for designing complex distribution projects such as extra facilities projects, high profile projects, projects requiring the highest reliability, etc.
- Another purpose of this position may be to accurately evaluate voltage, loading, and reliability on the electric distribution system, provide cost-effective solutions to allow for system expansion, and to maximize safety and service reliability.
- The position may assist in the training of other engineering classifications.
- It provides engineering expertise to recognize and resolve engineering problems, assists in interpreting codes, standards, regulations, requirements, and guidelines.
- Work contributes significantly to balancing customer service and reliability needs within capital budget constraints.
- Either a graduate from a college or university with an Associate Degree in Engineering Technology (or equivalent i.e. Construction Engineering Management Technology), or 4+ years equivalent industry experience without a degree.
- Possess valid driver’s license.
- Proficient user of personal computer, particularly Microsoft Window Office based applications and AutoCAD.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds.
- Experience in the utility industry.
- Understanding of basic principles of project management.
- Live within 30 miles or 45 minutes of work location headquarters.
If you already have a resume on file with The E Group and would like to be considered for this position, simply email your note of interest to The E Group at email@example.com .
Why Choose The E Group? We are an award winning firm recognized for having an outstanding reputation with our clients and employees. All contractors are eligible for full group health and dental benefits, 401K with matching, and various insurances. Generous living expenses are given to help those who relocate or have duplicate housing.
For immediate consideration simply attach your resume to this posting or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org All applicants will receive feedback once position closes.