As a Supplier Development Manager at the Lincoln Electric Company, the primary responsibilities lie in improving existing supplier performance, supporting new supplier selections and engaging with cross functional personnel to lead or participate in metric based improvement activities. The supply management team is responsible for over $700M of spend for the company.
Supplier Development Manager
The Supplier Development Manager role requires an unwavering commitment to improving all aspects of the supply chain as it impacts Lincoln Electric. This role leads MRB (Material Review Board) activities, manages the assembly and distribution of supplier ratings, directs the supplier audit program and other initiatives that drive supplier improvement of performance. This role is involved with cross functional teams on a regular basis. Other areas in the scope of this position but not limited to are cost analysis, coordinating supplier six sigma training, compliance activities and overseeing print distribution.
· Bachelor’s Degree in an engineering or technical discipline (or non-technical degree combined with 10 years of experience in manufacturing, engineering, or quality assurance)
· Minimum 5-10 years of experience in manufacturing quality assurance or similar role
· Prefer ASQ Certified Quality Engineer or equivalent demonstrated experience
· Advanced skills with Microsoft Excel, proficient in other Microsoft Office products, and other related business systems
· Effective problem solving, root-cause analytical skills to lead and influence others to drive change (cross-functionally and globally)
· Willing to travel domestically and/or internationally up to 30% of time
· Prefer experience of DFSS practices
· Demonstrated knowledge of Quality Management System tools, continuous improvement methodologies and manufacturing processes
· Ability to achieve results within all levels of the organization using concepts of design controls, design verification and validation activities; production and process controls; Supplier Corrective & Preventive Action (SCAPA), complaints & risk management; and product quality improvement tools such as six sigma, DFM, etc.
· Ability to lead, develop, communicate, and implement a strategy to improve supply chain performance
· Must have collaboration and conflict resolution skills
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
ABOUT LINCOLN ELECTRIC
The Lincoln Electric Company is the world leader in the design, development and manufacture of arc welding products, robotic welding systems, plasma and oxyfuel cutting equipment. Recognized as the welding experts, Lincoln products are manufactured in over 40 manufacturing plants and facilities in 20 countries and a worldwide network of distributors and sales offices covering more than 160 countries.
Lincoln knows our strength as an industry leader begins with selecting the very best individuals to join our team of professionals. At Lincoln Electric, you have the opportunity to design your future and achieve a fulfilling career. If you’re up for the challenge, consider the possibilities.