Immediate 1 year position available in Noblesville, TN.Job Description:
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- This is the first level of the Engineering Technologists classification.
- Engineering Technologist I applies developing technical expertise to solve simple problems, and leadership skills to provide oversight of work in a specific area of developing expertise, with close supervision.
- Incumbents are expected to develop skills in their field of study, and have the ability to work with some degree of independence.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- Applies technical expertise in the identification, analysis and resolution of problems in area of expertise.
- Ensures accomplishment of business goals and objectives through effective planning, organizing, estimating, scheduling and monitoring of work activities.
- Beginning level of knowledge in preparing thorough and accurate technical reports, correspondence, documentation, calculations and sketches.
- Conducts engineering and related studies.
- Strives to continually improve job-related, technical and professional knowledge, skills and performance.
- Develops positive working relationships to effectively coordinate work activities.
- Demonstrates effective oral and written communication skills.
- Maintains accurate records and files.
- Supports the company’s goals and represents the company positively and professionally.
- Either a graduate from a college or university with an Associate Degree in Engineering Technology (or equivalent i.e. Construction Engineering Management Technology
- Or 4+ years equivalent industry experience without a degree.
- Possess valid driver’s license.
- Proficient user of personal computer, particularly Microsoft Window Office based applications and AutoCAD.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds.
- Experience in the utility industry.
- Understanding of basic principles of project management.
- Live within 30 miles or 45 minutes of work location headquarters.
- This position of Engineering Technologist is to write work orders related to reliability and integrity for Duke Energy’s infrastructure.
- Candidates would spend approximately one day a week in the field taking notes and pictures of existing facilities that need replaced.
- The territory they will cover is typically within one hour of their base office location, and mileage is paid.
- The remainder of their time will be spent entering data into Expert Designer, utilizing a GIS System for creating maps, using Maximo, work management system, for running reports and managing the work assigned to them.
- Contractors are provided training over a 30 day period at either the Columbus or Plainfield training rooms, and are also mentored by a company Engineering Technologist at their base location.
If you already have a resume on file with The E Group and would like to be considered for this position, simply email your note of interest to The E Group at Sonya@goegroup.com.
Why Choose The E Group? We are an award winning firm recognized for having an outstanding reputation with our clients and employees. All contractors are eligible for full group health and dental benefits, 401K with matching, and various insurances. Generous living expenses are given to help those who relocate or have duplicate housing.
For immediate consideration simply attach your resume to this posting or email your resume to Sonya@goegroup.com. All applicants will receive feedback once position closes.