Our client, a rapidly growing Tier 1 automotive supplier, seeks a proven Materials Manager to their London operation. Successful candidates will have automotive experience and sharp analytical abilities to help drive a “zero defects” approach in support of internal and external customer demands.
Inventory / Production Materials Support
- · Coordinate efforts with production and supply base (vendor release schedule) to ensure future and current material availability to meet customer demand.
- · Maintain accurate inventory levels; and provide quick resolution of discrepancies identified.
- · Monitor, identify and remove obstacles within the supply chain that may preclude the ability to manufacture product to schedule.
- · Ensure appropriate engagement in place and countermeasures developed to protect supply chain with all necessary parties including suppliers and outside processors.
- · Monitor supplier progress to recovery plans and communicate any high risk issues, items or suppliers.
- · Support early build events and coordinated objectives with engineering.
- · Understands all facets of the planned production processes (structure and routing) and informs of current status and critical events with production, inventory availability in finished goods, WIP, purchased components or raw materials.
- · Daily coordination with Production Management to ensure timely completion of production demands via inventory accuracy, availability, and maintenance of minimum levels specified.
Shipping & Receiving
- · Manage processes and team members performing outbound shipments and receiving activities to ensure timely and accurate processing that reflect accurate inventories, including stock location and document flow;
- · Maintain organized and safe warehouse, and work to continually improve processes for efficient operations and targeted KPI.
- · Drive crisis management events, defining impact, outlining resolution plans, incorporating cross functional teams as needed, engaging supply base, documenting and keeping management informed of status.
- · Coordinate efforts with operations and purchasing management to meet and exceed organizational objectives/KPI.
- · Keep relevant managers updated on critical issues via verbal and written communications regarding existing or emanate supply change disruptions
- · Embrace ambiguous assignments with a positive can-do attitude remaining flexible with workload and work time including extended, non-core hours to ensure critical issues are analyzed and worked to resolution.
- · Able to professionally and confidently manage complex & stressful supply issues to resolution with goal to eliminate/minimize plant disruptions, reduce premium transportation, and maximize positive relationships.
- · 5-10 years Materials Management experience in an automotive manufacturing environment.
- Outstanding leadership, motivation & communications skills
- · Strong data analysis capabilities; cause and effect thinking
- · Problem identification and resolution with follow-through on corrective/preventative actions.
- · Ability to work independently and self-directed, as well as management of direct reports.
- · Automotive manufacturing background
- · Organized & detail oriented a critical must.
- · Clear and effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- · Must be able to interface and work well with customer contacts, internal functional partners at all levels, as well as suppliers and other external support.
- · Confidence and capability to multi-task complicated issues at one time.
- · Must be a solid planner, problem solver & possess proven leadership & team capabilities.
Please email resume to Dan Bennett firstname.lastname@example.org