|Job Title||New Model Process Engineer (Technical Support)|
|Job Type||Full-Time Regular|
Located near Alliston, ON, 30 minutes north of Pearson International Airport, this client offers an exciting and rewarding career opportunity in a fast paced, highly automated, state-of-the-art automotive parts manufacturing facility. The company is a tier one automotive parts supplier to Honda, in both Canada and in the U.S., producing components for the Accord, Civic, Ridgeline and Acura models. Utilizing state of the art manufacturing processes to produce these products the company has been stamping, welding, painting and assembling for 20 years. They have over 600 associates working at 2 on site manufacturing facilities with a third plant under construction.
Develop and review process plans for new model launches.
Coordinate and manage new line installations working with New Model Equipment Manager, other New Model personnel, vendors and OEM to ensure on time and on budget implementation.
• Develop process plans, schedules and work with other departments throughout the life of the project.
• Create and present project evaluations
• Procurement and commissioning of equipment.
• Manage overall investments and budgeting
• Work closely with outside Contractors and O.E.M's
• Post secondary education in a related field
• Minimum of 3 years experience in fast paced, highly automated, manufacturing environment
• Experience in welding and assembly processes
• Excellent organizational, communication and coordination skills.
• Autodesk and CATIA experience
• Working knowledge of CSA and ANSI standards pertaining to machine safeguarding and robotics.
• Working knowledge of PFMEA's, M.O.S.T., Risk Assessment, P.S.H.S.R, Kaizen, POKA YOKE, KT analysis.
• PLC and Robotic programming would be an asset.
• Strong leadership and negotiation skills.
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
• Ability to travel
• Ability to work overtime and work flexible hours.
The "fit" with this client is all important. A long term relationship is the expected outcome. There is always room for improvement, but there is nothing "broken" about this plant. Its in good shape and there is very little turnover. Stability and good management practices are the hallmark of this plant's long term success story.Several Engineers have been promoted from this position in the past and so this proves to be a solid career move for the successful candidate. I look forward to working with you!