|Job Title||Plant Manager|
|Job Type||Full-Time Regular|
Our client is a large auto parts manufacturer with a healthy growing factory in need of new leadership and on a mission to incorporate new manufacturing methodology into their work process.
You will have a strong background in automotive Tier 1or Tier 2 injection moulding along with P&L responsibility for a medium scale facility with 300 plus unionized employees. You are a LEAN and TPS Expert and have experience as the consummate leader and have experience in the introduction of new management systems and the direction of a FULL COMPLEMENT OF DEPARTMENT MANAGERS incl Engineering, Maintenance, Production, Materials, HR and Finance. You are an avid advocate of continuous improvement methodologies and have a passion for excellence.in all manufacturing and business initiatives. Accomplished General Managers, VP Ops, Plant Managers and 'rising star' Production Managers from world class facilities will be considered. You will bring a passionate, high level of energy to this position as well as an exceptional track record in the automotive industry. The successful candidate may be open to future promotions on a global basis as part of the worldwide philosophy of professional growth and development...however the right candidate may enjoy 7 to 10 years of stability in this role. There are both paths available.
• Responsible for total plant budget and performance metrics. $70M of sales, directing all aspects of the business relating to the running of the factory operations
• Role model company leadership values in the management of both hourly associates and salaried staff
• Guide the plant team to over-achieve in key operations metrics including safety, quality, continuous improvement, profitability and customer service
• Drive product renovation and innovation, cost improvements, and raising the bar on quality and product safety
• Building a culture with a relentless obsession to eliminate waste
• University degree in a related discipline
• Demonstrated leadership in any automotive parts manufacturing operation
• Significant involvement in the development and implementation of TPM, LEAN, and SIX SIGMA methodology and thinking
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong problem solving and sound analytical skills
KEY: Must have strong background in P&L, Automotive, LEAN and or TPS. Injection Moulding Experience is another bonus but not a prerequisite as is a University Degree.
This client is making changes and expect to grow capacity over the next 18 months.
|Geographic Region||Oshawa area|