|Job Title||Recreation Assistant (Part Time)|
|Location||San Jose, CA|
|Job Type||Part-Time Regular|
Interested in making a difference in young adults’ lives between the ages of 16-24? If so we may have the perfect job for you.
Job Corps is a government-funded, no-cost education and vocational training program administered by the U.S. Department of Labor that helps socioeconomically disadvantaged youth. We strive to fulfill this mission by following our Core Values of Safety, Individual Accountability, Respect, Integrity, Growth and Commitment.
Come and surround yourself with talented and professional individuals who have also taken the next step of making a difference in someone’s life.
Thursday thru Monday 5:00pm to 10:00pm
The Recreation Assistant is responsible for the recreation/non-vocational activities of assigned students. Must be willing to obtain Class B Drivers License if hired.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Demonstrates and abides by the Company Core Values and the operating principles
2. Organizes, conducts and directs recreation/non-vocational activities
3. Supervises student recreation/non-vocational activities on and off center
4. Assists in the planning and formulation of student recreation/non-vocational programs with special emphasis on the safety aspects of each activity
5. May order supplies and equipment
6. Instructs assists and encourages the students’ participation in recreation/non-vocational equipment
7. Maintains recreation/non-vocational equipment
8. Coaches or supervises various sports activities
9. Attends required staff training sessions as required
10. Performs other duties as assigned
Minimum: High school graduate or equivalent. Six months work-related experience. California Driver License and the ability to obtain a California Class B License with passenger endorsement within 6 months of date of hire.
Knowledge Required: Must obtain and maintain current CPR/First Aid Certification. Must possess a valid State driver’s license. Must obtain and maintain lifeguard certification. Knowledge of various recreation/avocation activities. Ability to effectively relate to student population. Ability to motivate students. High energy level; enthusiastic.
CSD is a leader in workforce development operating Job Corps centers throughout the U.S. since 1964 and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action / Female / Minority / Disabled / Veteran Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex