|Job Title||Communications Advisor|
Matrix Solutions Inc. is a Canadian, employee-owned environmental and engineering consulting company. Strategically located across Canada, we help our clients, employees, environment and communities thrive. With our ability to collaborate across services, disciplines, and geographies, we deliver responsive, locally connected, and scalable solutions customized to our client’s project and environmental challenges.
Our integrated approach is supported by talented professionals focused on three key areas of service: assessment, remediation, reclamation and monitoring; environmental planning, assessment and approvals; and water resources. Join our team of passionate professionals and work with us to create a lasting impact.
Our Calgary, Alberta office is seeking a Communications Advisor to join our team. This role is a 14-15 month maternity leave contract from January 2018 until March 31, 2019. Like all members of our team, you’ll have a very diverse range of responsibilities including traditional organizational communications, business development support, events, graphic design and other activities. As a communications and marketing generalist, you are a strategic thinker, skilled project manager, a creative problem-solver and collaborative team member.
We’ll expect you’ll be eager to roll up your sleeves and do what it takes to get things done. Your experience combined with your consultative work style will be essential. You are willing to do what it takes to help the company and the team, including taking the initiative to understand or learn more when required.
• Collaborate and consult with a variety of internal and external clients to support and develop their ability to communicate effectively within the organization
• Develop and implement strategic communications plans, and provide communications leadership and guidance to all functions within Matrix
• Work with senior leaders to support effective change management
• Write, edit, and coordinate content for a variety of internal and external channels and applications, including the external website, social media, and intranet
• Develop social media
• Research, understand and translate key information into compelling and understandable written and/or visual communications
• Support other team projects, company initiatives, and events as needed.
Education, Experience, Technical Skills:
• Undergraduate degree or diploma in communications, marketing or a related field
• 5 years of relevant experience, preferably in a professional services/consulting environment, as part of a creative services, and/or communications/marketing department
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail with an ability to manage multiple demands and projects simultaneously
• Willingness to work flexible hours as required
• Strong technical writing skills in a variety of media
• Advanced software skills in MS Office Suite
• Comfortable working in a PC environment
• An understanding of print production and file preparation for print and digital output is an asset
• Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite is an asset
• Basic knowledge of HTML, SharePoint and content management software
Matrix Solutions offers a comprehensive compensation package. We are also committed to flexible work hours and schedules, team-based work, cross-training opportunities, and rewarding our star performers.
If you think this opportunity is right for you, please submit your cover letter and resume by December 1st, 2017 to:
For more information about Matrix Solutions, please visit our website at www.matrix-solutions.com
We welcome and promote diversity and inclusion in our workplace and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Matrix provides support in its recruitment processes to applicants with disabilities; including accommodation that takes into account an applicant’s accessibility needs. Candidates requiring accommodation during the recruitment process are asked to contact Human Resources directly.
Matrix is committed to providing a safe and productive work environment and to promoting the health, safety and well-being of our employees. In keeping with our Alcohol and Drug Policy, individuals in safety sensitive positions are subject to alcohol and drug testing.
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
|Job ID||CAL 15-50|