|Application Instructions: Instead of using the online application, please email your resume directly to Todd Sharon at email@example.com.
Duties / Responsibilities
We represent one of the most stable and fastest growing Fortune 200 manufacturing companies in the U.S. In this lean manufacturing environment, hard work is rewarded with above average compensation and benefits. Our client believes that teamwork and safety are critical to their work environment. This company is looking for people who desire to build a long-term career. The company has never had a layoff in their 40-plus year history and advancement opportunities are abundant for solid performers. Our client is environmentally friendly and is the nation's largest recycler of scrap steel.
We are searching for an Electrical Engineer to join our client's growing team.
- Work with production and maintenance teams in the selection, installation, maintenance, operation, and upgrade of production equipment including automation systems, MCCs and High Voltage Power Distribution (transformers, reactors and SVC's)
- Provide technical expertise, assist with long term capital planning
- Provide project leadership from negotiation through commissioning, collaboratively manage standards and best practices
- Must be willing to work weekends, holidays, rotating shifts and scheduled and unscheduled overtime
- Melting, Casting, and/or Rolling Mill experience
- 10+ yrs electrical experience
- BS in Electrical Engineering and 3 yrs experience
- Electric Arc Furnace regulation experience
- Experience with any/all of the following: Allen Bradley Contrologix, Reliance Automax, GE Fanuc, and Wonderware
- Experience with short circuit studies including relay coordination, arc flash analysis, transient analysis and harmonic analysis
- AutoCad capability and experience programming microprocessor relays
- Negotiation and Project management experience
- Equipment upgrade, installation, and commissioning experience
- Willingness to relocate for future advancement opportunities within the Company
- Strong commitment to Safety in all job aspects and a performance record that displays this
- Strong written and verbal communication skills