|Job Title||Materials Manager|
|Location||Fort Wayne, IN|
|Job Type||Full-Time Regular|
Our client, headquartered in Michigan USA, is a leading global supplier of systems and components for the automotive industry. Products include eplastomeric body sealing systems, fluid handling systems and anti-vibration systems. The company employs approximately 20,000 people globally and operates in 20 countries around the world. This Fort Wayne plant has a solid future. Contracts are ongoing and upcoming with multiple OEMs and the production schedule is stable through the next 2 to 3 years with good growth potential!
The MM has moved on to new opportunities and has left the role available and in good shape. There are no emergencies or crisies to manage. Business is generally good!
Reporting to the Plant Manager, responsibilities are:
• Manages all material control activities at the Plant, including scheduling, customer service and shipping/receiving, inventory management, lean manufacturing and “pull systems”. Acts as part of the operational review team for the Plant.
• Responsible for day-to-day activities in the material control group, including staff supervision of customer service, vendor relations and scheduling staff, and shipping and receiving staff.
• Manages activities to insure that inventories are kept at a minimum acceptable level and that production schedules facilitate least total cost manufacturing for the Plant. $100M plus in annual turnover.
• Ensures that customer delivery ratings are at acceptable levels.
• Works toward implementing lean manufacturing systems with emphasis on “pull systems” from linking the customer to the suppliers. Tier 1, JIT and TPM experience are desired is a sophisticated supply chain environment.
• Acts as part of the operational review team for the Plant, reviewing key measures and suggesting improvements to operations as appropriate.
• Minimum of 10 years related material control experience required.
• Bachelors Degree required in Business or Engineering or Operations Management, Supply Chain Management, or Materials Management preferred.
• Automotive manufacturing experience preferred.
• Experience implementing MRP/ERP/SAP systems, preferably with several different providers.
• Some formal work experience required with “pull" systems and LEAN, Toyota Production Systems and JIT in a Tier 1 environment shipping diectly to the vehicle assembly plants.
This is a career move with a top flight automotive systems group with a solid foundation. There are excellent opportunities for advancement and personal development. Incentive programs are real.
|Geographic Region||Fort Wayne|