Responsible for serving food & beverage items to guests at off-site catering functions. Must be professional, friendly, and able to commute to events within a 30 mile radius of Middleburg with occasional events in the Washington D.C. area.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Serve food and beverage items. Clear tables and return all equipment to their respective areas. Retrieve all reusable food items and place them on a separate queen, as provided.
- Ensure service corridor safety by transporting all equipment in the proper manner. Be responsible for handling of all equipment and linens. Ensure that all spills and breakage are attended to immediately.
- May need to assist with gathering equipment necessary to service a function and maintain a clear and immaculate service area.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the manager based upon the particular requirements of the hotel:
- Assist in moving any tables and chairs as assigned.
- Inform supervisor of any problems or complaints.
- Responsible for the proper handling of all equipment, i.e., “Big 4” items and props, ensuring proper storage after use.
High School diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred. Some related experience and/or training preferred.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Knowledge of table service standards.
- Knowledge of appropriate table settings and service ware.
- Ability to describe all menu items and methods of preparation.
- May be required: to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form; to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Work tasks may be performed indoors or outdoors but mainly indoors.
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 6 hours in length.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill cleaning tasks.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability to maneuver between functions occurring simultaneously.
- Must be able to lift trays of food or food items weighing up to 30 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis.
- Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment weighing up to 250 lbs. frequently.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and other employees.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
- Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
Salamander is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Drug Free Workplace, and participant in E-Verify.
- Must be able to work effectively in a stressful environment, communicate with others, effectively deal with customers and accept constructive criticism from supervisors.
- Must be able to change activity frequently and cope with interruptions.